Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 10:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best exp in the game from halflings. No other race is wortth it.
Tupakk! But once you hit 60 who cares about so bonus😀
Old 08-04-2017, 10:35 AM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caiu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only humans can display robes properly. Do the right thing.
this my thought too. although, i liek wood elfs too. i mean if you gonna have a messed up robe graphic, wood elf better than hobbit :c
Old 08-04-2017, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keggernuts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But once you hit 60 who cares about so bonus��
And how much of your character's life is spent leveling? Obviously the answer isn't the same for everyone: if this druid will be your main (it didn't sound like it was for OP), and you plan on getting to 60 and raiding, and then you actually go through with your plans, then maybe you'll get to the point where you've spent the majority of your character's life not-leveling.

But if ...
  • you hit 45 and decide to make the character a Dial a Port druid
  • you never make it to 60 before quitting the game
  • you never make it to 60 before switching to an alt
  • you make it to 60 but then quit/switch to an alt before you've spent as long being at 60 as it took you to get to 60

... then the majority (and probably vast majority) of your characters life will be spent leveling. And IF that's the case (again, not true for everyone) then would you rather be several levels higher or would you rather look good in robes (which you might not even wear if you don't raid) and save 40 mana every now and then when you root stuff with your lowest level root (which you probably won't want to do once you get higher level roots)?

There's a huge focus in this forum on maximizing power at level 60, but that ignores the fact that the vast majority of druids probably won't even make it to 60, let alone take as long of a time playing at 60 as they did leveling to 60.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-04-2017, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And how much of your character's life is spent leveling? Obviously the answer isn't the same for everyone: if this druid will be your main (it didn't sound like it was for OP), and you plan on getting to 60 and raiding, and then you actually go through with your plans, then maybe you'll get to the point where you've spent the majority of your character's life not-leveling.

But if ...
  • you hit 45 and decide to make the character a Dial a Port druid
  • you never make it to 60 before quitting the game
  • you never make it to 60 before switching to an alt
  • you make it to 60 but then quit/switch to an alt before you've spent as long being at 60 as it took you to get to 60

... then the majority (and probably vast majority) of your characters life will be spent leveling. And IF that's the case (again, not true for everyone) then would you rather be several levels higher or would you rather look good in robes (which you might not even wear if you don't raid) and save 40 mana every now and then when you root stuff with your lowest level root (which you probably won't want to do once you get higher level roots)?

There's a huge focus in this forum on maximizing power at level 60, but that ignores the fact that the vast majority of druids probably won't even make it to 60, let alone take as long of a time playing at 60 as they did leveling to 60.

Total truth. My Druid has been parked at 45 since I got there. It was sitting at 44 for the longest time til I did stonebrunt pandas. Which a few deaths here and there fix.

Also halflings just look cooler so there's that.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 08-04-2017, 03:26 PM
Kobold

Well said! I'm just a fan of clickies
Old 08-04-2017, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

Assling is the only answer, for Sneak alone. And good looks. But mostly Sneak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also they get sneak, but personally I never use it.
I use sneak all the time, but then again I'm a good player.
Last edited by Bummey; 08-04-2017 at 04:00 PM..
Old 08-04-2017, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Assling is the only answer, for Sneak alone. And good looks. But mostly Sneak.

I use sneak all the time, but then again I'm a good player.
Tell me, how exactly would I use sneak while animal charming (which is basically all I do with my druid)? I want to become a "good player" like you.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Tell me, how exactly would I use sneak while animal charming (which is basically all I do with my druid)? I want to become a "good player" like you.
well, not all animals is suceptible to you charms and even lots that are, are maybe skittish or shy and so it hard to work on them before they freak out an run away or try and bite you or somethin, so you gotta sneaks up on them :3

that what I assume he mean. only thing that really sorta make sense to me. otherwise, I dunno ^^
Old 08-04-2017, 06:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Hey, if you want to take a snarky jab literally, how about... There's way more to do as a druid than just charm animals. If that's all you do, I'd say you're missing out on a lot of the class's utility, on top of the huge breadth of everquest gameplay you're not partaking in.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, if you want to take a snarky jab literally, how about... There's way more to do as a druid than just charm animals. If that's all you do, I'd say you're missing out on a lot of the class's utility, on top of the huge breadth of everquest gameplay you're not partaking in.
... or maybe you could just refrain from assuming that everyone who doesn't play the way you do is a bad player?

Last edited by loramin; 08-04-2017 at 07:23 PM..
Closed Thread