Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 04:13 AM
Banned

Default Shaman - Chaining Cani Spells w SGSE?

So I was searching for threads on canni dancing for funsies coz I'm that type of nerd, and I found some references to a canni technique involving the Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring, like this one from Skinned:

"Use a goblin skull earring to chain cast two levels of canni to burn away a lot of health for some mana on a clutch."

After reading other comments mentioning the gobby earring used in conjunction with canni dance, I'm still a little confused about what the utility of chaining two levels of cannibalize with the earring is. If you can cast them both and sit before the server tick, do they stack? If not, then what is the benefit?

(Also so it's clear I do understand the utility of using SGSE to reset global cooldown. That part I get.)
Old 10-12-2017, 06:13 AM
Planar Protector

Cast 'canni x', as soon as it has finished instacast the shrunken goblin skull earring to refresh your cast bar and cast 'canni y', sitting as soon as it completes to also collect the meditation tick mana.

From what I understand, the refresh time on a single canni spell is to great to be able to spam that single spell, even in slot 1, hence the need for two versions for maximum spam efficiency?
Last edited by Jimjam; 10-12-2017 at 06:15 AM..
Old 10-12-2017, 07:47 AM
Sarnak

Nah, with gcd clicky you can spam slot 1 with no delay. You don't need to use two cannis
Old 10-12-2017, 08:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, with gcd clicky you can spam slot 1 with no delay. You don't need to use two cannis
oh. so it's not for canni dancing, it's for getting that initial bump in mana from casting and doing it over and over in rapid succession, while the down side of it is you're losing way more HP than if you would if you were just riding out the canni effect while sitting / waiting for a tick. Kinda like clicking a manastone a bunch of times in a row.

So it's like:
Using SGSE to bypass global cooldown = Burn a bunch of HP to get more mana more quickly.
Canni dancing = Slower but don't burn so much HP.

Is that right?
Last edited by kb2005; 10-12-2017 at 08:10 AM..
Old 10-12-2017, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So it is only useful I you have an excess of spell slots, but canni is outcompeted by another spell for importance of top slot spamming?
Old 10-12-2017, 09:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Slot 1 GCD only works if the recast time of the spell is shorter than the cast time of the spell - this is why you cannot GCD things like rapture / harvest / DA / etc

Most spell recast times are 2.25s and most canni cast times are 1.5s which is why you can't spam 1 canni, until you get canni 4 with a longer cast time
Last edited by deadlycupcakez; 10-12-2017 at 09:32 AM..
Old 10-12-2017, 09:31 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Fairly sure this isn't correct. If I SPAM gcd and then another Canni IV it seems it can happen "too fast" and even though I get a cast bar going down once it resolves my spell isn't cast but instead I get a message in red stating something about spell not being ready or something to that effect. It seems you need to wait maybe ~1 second after spell gems reset after clicking gcd item before you can cast again.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:15 PM
Aviak

It's more like cast > finish cast > click item > wait .01 > recast

you can spam canni ez like that and it's super common to do, you can also fit two in before server tick.

so you wait to see tick > stand > cast > click > .01 > cast > click > .01 > sit and wait for tick repeat, you get a ton of mana fast but it's tedious af
Old 10-13-2017, 06:28 AM
Sarnak

if you stand the moment you see a meditation tick don't you usually lose that mana a second later? you have to wait your ping after seeing the tick for it to actually count (roughly) because you gain the mana locally regardless of if the server agrees, then later the server will correct it if you stood too fast? yes?
Old 10-13-2017, 07:38 AM
Planar Protector

Once you get torpor or IF you have someone cast a HOT on you - it's been my experience that you can safely stand stand once you see the heal over time tick and get meditate tick.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Closed Thread