Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 05-19-2023, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

What did you parse that on?
Blue content that’s pretty normal if not low. Most solid melees (non rogues) do like 37-45dps on Dain.
Old 05-20-2023, 03:53 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue content that’s pretty normal if not low. Most solid melees (non rogues) do like 37-45dps on Dain.
Not the person you're responding to but I have done a few parses with the same setup.

I got 26 dps on our last Dain. If I recall correctly the times I meleed Tunare I did high 20s. Those targets seem to have high mitigation or avoidance; I got 44 dps on a good parse vs Eashen.

I think you saw my parse doing up to 52 melee dps against Froglok Foragers, or 97 dps dots+melee. https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...37#post3572137
Old 05-20-2023, 07:54 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was against VP mobs iirc. Think I should do some more parsing again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-20-2023, 08:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moppelchen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was against VP mobs iirc. Think I should do some more parsing again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah ok. Yea they certainly can vary a lot per the mob.

For what it’s worth I forgot to equip another weapon and had my 60 pally with a Jeldorin on Dain with VoG. He did 25 dps so that comparison seems pretty accurate.

There are certainly times a bard meleeing in the end game makes a lot of sense and you aren’t giving up anything to do so. May even be making the other team better with that epic proc with adding more personal dps the the meter (about a mage or necro oet, but safer).

The low/mid range or in most solo cases, the jury is still out (for me). My filthy casual 59 bard can count on one hand the solo times it made things better. Not being able to pace with a reverse kited mobs is so nice. Drums all day lol.
Old 05-29-2023, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

you will never do good dmg meleeing as a bard
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 06-19-2023, 10:58 AM
Kobold

Additional experience from leveling in Karnor's recently: an instrument bard who regularly charms an add, is doing way more dps than a bard dual wielding.

I support all bards choosing how they want to play though. No shame for doing sub-"optimal" dps and having fun instead.
Old 06-19-2023, 05:56 PM
Kobold

Well sure, if you're in a situation where you can charm, charm will do more dps. If you're a bard on a Dain raid where Dain is typically pulled to zone, you're being suboptimal if you don't melee, regardless of whether you're in cleric group pumping mana or in tank group. Everyone is bunched into a small area, small enough in fact that both mana songs can hit the clerics while you're in melee range of Dain, so be optimal and start swinging.
Old 06-19-2023, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well sure, if you're in a situation where you can charm, charm will do more dps. If you're a bard on a Dain raid where Dain is typically pulled to zone, you're being suboptimal if you don't melee, regardless of whether you're in cleric group pumping mana or in tank group. Everyone is bunched into a small area, small enough in fact that both mana songs can hit the clerics while you're in melee range of Dain, so be optimal and start swinging.
You can charm at dain
Old 06-19-2023, 08:09 PM
Sarnak

It's not like charm requires an instrument; you can often melee while charming.
Old 06-19-2023, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not like charm requires an instrument; you can often melee while charming.
Just saying ya can in the spot you were referencing