Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-11-2022, 01:36 PM
Banned

When real monies start getting converted wholesale to digital currencies that is when to buy in.

The value of a bitcoin is its authenticity...like a non counterfeit dollar or real money. None of it has any real intrinsic value beyond what we ascribe to it socially. We don't "need gold". The governments say you do and create a system where gold has value.

Once the governments place authority behind the authenticity of bitcoin its now just proof of ownership of the pie of coins in circulation and if governments could control the production of coins they would jump on it in a heartbeat because it's way harder to make fake coins than fake pennies. It's also cheeper to store and move around and trade once it's in circulation and way more durable.

As it stands exactly as it is now its virtually play money without a regime change or until governments are the only ones allowed to authorize new coins.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-11-2022, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're buying what at $10?
Bitcoin
Old 05-11-2022, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bitcoin is still ultimately speculation on an uncertain future.
what I mean is the sheer cost of simply transfering money between banks, or between people and setting up payroll is astonishingly expensive.

here are your options for transfering money to someone besides literally giving them cash/check:

1 Paypal, a company of 1500 employees, and all that paperwork and infrastructure costs

2 your bank, like paypal but 10x the employees and infrastructure costs and footprint and costs 3x as much to do same transfer - requires enough information to steal someone's identity (NOT SAFE)

3 another of the many companies like paypal, see the payapl footprint.

bitcoin: payer & payee

the "environmental impact" of bitcoin will never, EVER compare to the impact of any of those other options.

Let alone the costs customers would save by using bitcoin for the same service.

Around the world people can transfer money between each other for goods and services with virtually no other parties involved, through email, instantly.

I mean the net positives of that alone make bitcoin so much better for the environment, and the economy, than nuke power is for energy. It's like the economic version of getting your power from the sun.

There is no reason to use a non crypto based economy at this point, at the very least the new world order should issue one, because paying banks huge sums of money to just destroy the environment is a stupid alternative.
Old 05-11-2022, 01:38 PM
Banned

It's still just a nice idea.
Old 05-11-2022, 01:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what I mean is the sheer cost of simply transfering money between banks, or between people and setting up payroll is astonishingly expensive.

here are your options for transfering money to someone besides literally giving them cash/check:

Paypal, a company of 1500 employees, and all that paperwork and infrastructure costs

your bank, like paypal but 10x the employees and infrastructure costs and footprint and costs 3x as much to do same transfer - requires enough information to steal someone's identity (NOT SAFE)

another company like paypal, see the payapl footprint

bitcoin: payer & payee

the "environmental impact" of bitcoin will never, EVER compare to the impact of any of those other options.

Let alone the costs customers would save by using bitcoin for the same service.

Around the world people can transfer money between each other for goods and services with virtually no other parties involved, through email, instantly.

I mean the net positives of that alone make bitcoin so much better for the environment, and the economy, than nuke power is for energy. It's like the economic version of getting your power from the sun.

There is no reason to use a non crypto based economy at this point, at the very least the new world order should issue one, because paying banks huge sums of money to just destroy the environment is a stupid alternative.
Also this. 100%

I'm voting for dogecoinman.
Old 05-11-2022, 01:41 PM
Banned

We gotta change our governments and the IMF tho.
Old 05-11-2022, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
See at least when I'm paid in fiat I know the value I was just paid. Bitcoin fluctuates too wildly. That's not for me when I don't know the coin's future and I do know governments are working to curb its use or regulate it.
This is actually pretty solvable right now.

a bank or any person or a company will just convert to bitcoin for the transfer of money, and then immediately convert the exchange back into cash at the moment of the transfer, keeping the exchange locked in at about the same price because the transfer is virtually instant.

So as a payer, and a payee you could transfer money through a service like that instantly with bitcoin (which folks do in 3rd world countries now which is one of the great humanitarian gains bitcoin offers) with almost 0% change in price for 99.9% of its still volatile state, and it's worth mentioning it only would get less volatile with time, or could be capped by the fed if they had a new world order coin to have no volitility.

Anyway, banks suck, crypto is infinitly more useful, and better, and it DOES have real uses that you can take advantage of today, and it helps bring a stable economy to parts of the world the banks dont want to go, and for that it's even humanitarian, not to mention the environmental benifits of getting rid of all the banks footprints.
Old 05-11-2022, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Its worth mentioning if you did createa service that went

dollars to crypto > transfer > crypto to dollars...

if there was a - dip in the crypto during the transfer, the company could 'bank it', and instead pay out the transfer in cash from a company bank account setup to cover the transfers during a crypto downswing.

Then when the crypto goes + it can convert it into dollars for the bank account and fill it back up and then some.

Allowing the company to obtain crypto as customers use their product, but get rid of it only when it is at a higher price than it was during the transfer.

If anyone wants to start this company with me we are in desperate need of a good way to transfer money and this way is about as profitable as it gets, nobody has caught on yet, so Im down to start it with you, if you got some capital.
Old 05-11-2022, 01:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When real monies start getting converted wholesale to digital currencies that is when to buy in.

The value of a bitcoin is its authenticity...like a non counterfeit dollar or real money. None of it has any real intrinsic value beyond what we ascribe to it socially. We don't "need gold". The governments say you do and create a system where gold has value.

Once the governments place authority behind the authenticity of bitcoin its now just proof of ownership of the pie of coins in circulation and if governments could control the production of coins they would jump on it in a heartbeat because it's way harder to make fake coins than fake pennies. It's also cheeper to store and move around and trade once it's in circulation and way more durable.

As it stands exactly as it is now its virtually play money without a regime change or until governments are the only ones allowed to authorize new coins.

Hope that helps.
I feel like I'm already paid in digital currency. I get numbers added to my bank account and I use those numbers with debit and credit cards. I pay my bills all electronically and only ever use paper money when buying gas right now because with credit it costs even more. I can't even remember the last time I held a coin, and I'm being serious.

I know it's not the same thing as crypto but the currency I'm paid in is backed by the federal government, and my bank account is secured. In my remaining lifetime I don't anticipate a collapse of the dollar so I'm fine with it. Bitcoin had a meteoric rise and for some governments it's better to use it than their own currency. Shithole countries are starting that but the big countries like the U.S. and China are working to either limit crypto, regulate it or maybe start their own regulated crypto.

It's also nowhere near as safe and secure as people think. Just look at how much of it has been seized by the U.S. government.
Old 05-11-2022, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I feel like I'm already paid in digital currency. I get numbers added to my bank account and I use those numbers with debit and credit cards.
dude totally, now try to give someone in another state 1000 and youll be like, wait it takes THIS much information and people to transfer my numbers?????

It literally requires a complete identiy theft lol its so unsafe on top of inefficient. It's hilarious to me because it's the keystone to an economy, paying each other. And to do so is more inefficient than I dont think, anything lol