Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 11-29-2022, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

no surprise extreme pixel sickness correlates with substance addiction

first thing said individual needs to do is throw the computer in the dumpster and get a fucking job
Old 11-29-2022, 11:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
woah, rants and flames has changed.
Not really, original post was probably a shitpost

Someone mad at shithole Blue server drama
Old 11-29-2022, 01:03 PM
Banned

yeah man about ten years ago i did about a week inpatient for benzos.

met some real trainwrecked folks in there, too. there was a lady who had just finished a twenty year sentence for drowning her baby while she was fucked up on heroin. or so she said. another guy who was there for alcohol died halfway through the stay.

i haven't touched benzos since i can tell you that much.
Old 11-29-2022, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblinmob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://whoisoptimistic.bandcamp.com/

I'd be selfish if I was too scared to share this trainwreck. I'd be delusional if I thought I would be gloriously received by my peers but maybe someone here could benefit to hear some jumbled thoughts on addiction, depression, and self image. It is what it is. lol sorry

Is that sober music? You're the bravest muther here dude.
Old 11-29-2022, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah man about ten years ago i did about a week inpatient for benzos.

met some real trainwrecked folks in there, too. there was a lady who had just finished a twenty year sentence for drowning her baby while she was fucked up on heroin. or so she said. another guy who was there for alcohol died halfway through the stay.

i haven't touched benzos since i can tell you that much.

What did you take? And why? I know benzos very, very well -- because I medically need them and have been on a steady dose for xx years. My p-doc laughs when I ask him this question.

See, they don't do to me what they do to you. The concept of "recreationally" using a benzo sounds outlandish to me. I know people mix it with booze, opiate users find solace in them. My monthly scrip would maybe make me 4 figures if I sold by the pill lol.

I've heard benzo addiction really gets stuck in ya. No fucking wonder: it is a highly designed pharmaceutical. jesus christ. they seem so harmless too, I bet. Mother's little helper...
Old 11-29-2022, 09:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that sober music? You're the bravest muther here dude.
It's a drunken outline of the last 6 months of my life before going sober. I also leveled a halfling druid to 26 I guess, so there's an achievement lol
Old 11-29-2022, 10:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
I've heard benzo addiction really gets stuck in ya. No fucking wonder: it is a highly designed pharmaceutical. jesus christ. they seem so harmless too, I bet. Mother's little helper...
You don’t see many doctors willing to prescribe benzos nowadays. They are one of the few drugs along with alcohol where withdrawal can kill a person, and of course are highly addictive

They are best used IMO as an infrequent “as needed” relief for anxiety-provoking activities. Like taking one before public speaking or flying on an airplane, those kinds of things

Anything you take daily your body will build up a tolerance towards. If you haven’t had to up your dosage over the years you are fortunate in that regard. If you suddenly stopped, however, that would be a real bad time. I’ve seen some seniors years ago in my job who had an old school type of doctor prescribing them like 2+ mg daily of a benzo for like a decade, then during the opiate epidemic their new doctor stopped the med cold turkey, a very inconsiderate and dangerous thing to do. Needless to say they were a wreck :/

Mixing them with alcohol is a fast track to blacking out, speaking from experience there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-29-2022, 10:32 PM
Banned

^
Speaking of that I remember when my old roommate announced that he found an overseas underground lab willing to sell him Xanax without a script

He bought this huge bottle of I think was the 2mg bars. He had a miserable job he hated, and I remember how excited he was after getting the pills and telling me how when he took Xanax before work that day he didn’t mind his job. He bragged about how great he did with customers and stuff

I told him taking those before any daily activity is a really bad idea. Of course he didn’t listen and kept taking them, slowly getting addicted. We’d know when he was coming off because his way of speaking would change (like tone) in addition to him being a colossal asshole

Almost a year later he almost had to go into rehab over it, but was able to recognize the problem and quit on his own

I had another friend (captain of my WoW arena team) who used to get so strung out on benzos + acohol he’d call me and I couldn’t understand a single word he was saying and would have to hang up on him eventually. He was doing a dangerous amount, like 10+ mg/day. Anyway, he got into an accident while strung out on them and almost killed this entire family, they were in like the ICU. He went to prison and will be paying their medical debt for the rest of his life

Even though the OP was a shitpost, white middle aged men are a very high substance abuse demographic. I’m sure everyone here either has it in their past or knows someone who did
Old 11-29-2022, 11:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
What did you take? And why? I know benzos very, very well -- because I medically need them and have been on a steady dose for xx years. My p-doc laughs when I ask him this question.

See, they don't do to me what they do to you. The concept of "recreationally" using a benzo sounds outlandish to me. I know people mix it with booze, opiate users find solace in them. My monthly scrip would maybe make me 4 figures if I sold by the pill lol.

it was mostly fast dissolving orange flavored xanax. believe it or not it started due to insomnia. not that xanax is the solution to insomnia, either.

i can also verify that mixing benzos and booze is a bad, bad idea. i used to do it, often. i am very lucky i was never incarcerated for more than a few hours.

i have always struggled with relaxation and sleep, downers were always appealing due to that. opiates rub me the wrong way, most of the time.
Old 11-30-2022, 01:11 AM
Planar Protector

You can't keep expanding your reasons to take one. If you are taking it more than once a month for un-ease or anxiety, I'd be very, very careful. Once a month is barely a "safe use level" for civilians.

The problem is, for civilians, the tolerance curve. It's a nearly vertical wall. Once you hit you tolerance inflection, the med simply stops being as effective. And the chief symptom of benzo withdrawal is... anxiety, un-ease, irritability, panic, easily startled, hyper-vigilant. The very feeling you "periodically" took one for, is now your monkey. Tolerance spiral.

My tolerance curve for clonopin is a bit past 4mg per diem. I have had a 3mg script for 20 years, the disorder is dead, most days I take 2mg. Life's always steady.

If you are a genuine psychiatric patient, these substances simply have different effects, and my suspicion is that if you do not actually need these drugs, the tolerance curve starts immediately.

Behold the Feast of Satan!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]