Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 05-09-2023, 11:02 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Hi! New to this!

Hi!

I am new here and to EQ. When I heard about the game and how it was really old but also very different from other games I wanted to try it out. So far I have been having a lot of fun! What seems really different and fun about it is how it relies so much on grouping and working together and that is something I always loved very much in games.

So far I am a level 10 cleric on green and have been mostly around crushbone. I like grouping more than anything and always like to have others to do things with. Also, I was thinking to maybe see about looking for a guild that isn't all too big but also maybe has some people around my level.
Old 05-10-2023, 12:29 AM
Aviak

So you never played EQ live back in 99 or later? Well welcome to the Dream.. This is an awesome endeavor you are taking on.. Do not take it 2 serious have fun and learn and Enjoy.. WELCOME!!
Old 05-10-2023, 04:46 PM
Aviak

Are you in actuality a female? If so, your arrival just about increased the female population by 10%. Welcome to the grind. A cleric has its pros and cons. Very difficult if you can’t find a group, but always wanted in groups!
Old 05-10-2023, 09:25 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thank you both for the welcome! Being wanted in groups is definitely something I am going for. hmm, yes I am female, but I'm sure it's not as uneven as that. Maybe it was more so waaay back in 1999 lol but just as many girls as guys play games, even if maybe less so certain games.

I did notice that I feel pretty much stuck if I can't find a group so that is sort of the bad side of it, but so far it usually doesn't take long, or at least it hasn't in crushbone! If I did end up stuck without a group I would probably just log out and do something else for a while then try back later.
Old 05-11-2023, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

It’s a weird slow game but still pretty special. Hope you have fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] .

Make some buddies and there will always be an adventure to have and a story to remember.
Old 05-11-2023, 03:06 AM
Banned

character name? i want to train you and make you lose exp
Old 05-11-2023, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

PS: The worst part of EQ is the forums. Always is. As if that isn’t becoming clear already.
Old 05-11-2023, 11:15 AM
Aviak

Your best bet to enjoy this game fully is to join a guild. The EQ community is more “aged” than an MMO like WoW, where barrens chat is nothing but insults, political arguments, and pubescent jokes. I’ve had a great experience in my guild for almost a year now. If you can make it to East Commonlands, you can ask to join a guild there. That’s the most crowded zone. Having immediate in game access to experienced players takes this game
To the next level.

Castle, safe space, good guys, fists of heaven, etc. all solid guilds.
Last edited by Kurtanius21; 05-11-2023 at 11:17 AM..
Old 05-11-2023, 11:19 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah_Lilac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you both for the welcome! Being wanted in groups is definitely something I am going for. hmm, yes I am female, but I'm sure it's not as uneven as that. Maybe it was more so waaay back in 1999 lol but just as many girls as guys play games, even if maybe less so certain games.

I did notice that I feel pretty much stuck if I can't find a group so that is sort of the bad side of it, but so far it usually doesn't take long, or at least it hasn't in crushbone! If I did end up stuck without a group I would probably just log out and do something else for a while then try back later.
I never played EQ either before trying p99. Its a fantastic game.

utilize the /who all commands...you can filter it to players close to your level

ex: level 10 cleric can do "/who all 8 12" and it will give you all the players online within that level range

also can type /lfg and it will flag you, may help get some tells from others looking for heals

there is so much useful info on the wiki...I always had a wiki page open while i played
Old 05-11-2023, 02:51 PM
Fire Giant

Welcome to Everquest. Please enjoy. If you ever end up on Blue, feel free to ask for some starter help.