Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 12:18 PM
Banned

The majority of attacks by the homeless in big cities seem to be towards women, which implies that their brain is reasonable enough to understand the benefit of picking a physically weaker target

Maybe not quite as crazy as they seem, but also not committing hate crimes against women because reasons

Edit: I’ll expand on this. There was an attack (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-zombie-lived/) by a truly psychotic person (young man, early 20’s the age for the onset of schizophrenia to manifest, which is what he had) where he was eating someone’s face off. This is different than the homeless person who had ate someone’s face off years ago, that person was believed to have been on a drug like bath salts whereas this young man most likely not

He randomly attacked a man and lady in their front yard and as he was eating the face off of a prone man on the ground, a police officer was pointing a gun at his face, yet this crazy young man seemed not aware. A police canine unit was also attempting to pull him off the man, yet this crazy young man seemed not to notice or care, and ripped his own arm out of the dog’s mouth 2 separate times, which completely shredded all the muscle and tendons in his arm, yet he seemed not to notice or care

After treatment the young man explained that he did not remember the actual attack, but that before it he believed he was being pursued by demons

A forensic psychologist was able to get him off on an insanity defense because the young man’s mind was so completely psychotic, that it no longer had any idea of self-preservation during the attack (hence the no fear of the gun or even realizing a dog was attacking him)

So a person that deliberately picks a weaker target might not be at the same level of psychotic
Last edited by unsunghero; 01-23-2022 at 12:36 PM..
Old 01-23-2022, 12:48 PM
Banned

Exclamation

My rule of thumb is find the most dangerous and difficult target, especially one that has it coming and hurting others.

If I don't get into Valhalla that way I don't know what.

Pretty serious. Not 100% tho. I do not enjoy violence and killing people sucks the big one even when it's pretty much the only option.

That is the essence of life.

Maybe this is all a sim and we concented b4 hand to be tortured in this life with the caveat that we don't remember the bargain. Maybe people get different circumstances, the vast majority of us are just fodder for the real psychos tho.

Psycho is a bad word. With a lot of bias. And misuse.

Evil assholes do exist tho. And I feel like n'wah covers that categorically. It's the "I don't care." Attitude that gets you that label. Time to zerg the biggest n'wahs and visit Stovokor.
Last edited by starkind; 01-23-2022 at 12:52 PM..
Old 01-23-2022, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Psycho is a bad word. With a lot of bias. And misuse.

Evil assholes do exist tho. And I feel like n'wah covers that categorically. It's the "I don't care." Attitude that gets you that label. Time to zerg the biggest n'wahs and visit Stovokor.
Ya, it’s a very small % of the population that even has a schizophrenia dx and a very small % of that population that become violent. So a small % of a small %

But it’s all the other stuff that gives schizophrenia a bad name. For example, with the homeless, was it the mental illness or was it an illegal drug? A psychiatrist won’t even prescribe a person an antipsychotic who’s UA comes back with a mind-altering substance like meth, because they don’t know where the meth ends and the person’s brain begins, so to speak. For all the psychiatrist knows, if the person just comes off the meth (which takes roughly 72 hours to be out of their system once they stop use), they might become completely normal. Also, the psychiatrist doesn’t want a negative interaction between the illegal drug and prescribed antipsychotic. So are they truly as crazy as they seem or is the drug

And when a “crazy” homeless person becomes violent, we also get into a correlation =/= causation argument like with covid. Are they a violent person who happens to have a schizophrenia dx, or are they becoming violent directly because of the schizophrenia. I think to get off on an insanity plea, a person has to be unaware, due to their mental illness, of the consequences of their actions or not even aware of what they were doing. Attacking a random target supports this because there isn’t an obvious motive like the person owed them money or they had past beef with them. But in my opinion picking a weaker target goes against this idea of being unaware of their actions, because their brain is still functioning at a level where it understands attacking a big guy, or someone armed with a gun, poses a higher risk to themself
Old 01-23-2022, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

real disappointed that eating face off incident didnt turn into the Zombipocalypse. I remember that thinking, damn its a 0.000000000000000000000001% chance, but theres's a chance!
Old 01-23-2022, 05:14 PM
Banned

I have a relative with schizophrenia, he never had any history of drug abuse, illicit or otherwise. He's 39 and he's been hearing voices since he was a teenager, but he isn't violent at all. And he's really sharp, like you can tell he knows what it is he has. It's actually a really fascinating disease if it didn't hurt the people it afflicts so badly. I think technically he has schizophrenia without paranoia, but I don't know much about formal definitions.

I actually also used to have a roommate with I *think* schizophrenia, but I'm not sure. My girlfriend and I had an extra bedroom to rent and this girl responded and she seemed totally normal, and really was totally normal. She was a great roommate, never really had any issues with her at all. One day I noticed she left a bottle of medication out and I had to google it of course, which I felt bad about but I didn't want to be living with a secret pill head. It was an antipsychotic though, I don't remember specifically which one. Still one of the best roommate experiences I've ever had.
Last edited by Ooloo; 01-23-2022 at 05:32 PM..
Old 01-23-2022, 05:37 PM
Banned

antipsychotics are given in small doses for anxiety and depression, too. Like an 8mg dose is for the voices, .5mg is for anxiety.
Old 01-23-2022, 07:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
antipsychotics are given in small doses for anxiety and depression, too. Like an 8mg dose is for the voices, .5mg is for anxiety.
Ya an off label use, fairly common

The ones used in this way have much lower rates of side effects than the ones used for hallucinations and delusions though

What I thought u were going to notice between the two "face eater" case studies is that police shot and killed the black man eating someone's face but did not shoot the white man doing it

Two very similar situations, but two very different outcomes. Interestingly enough by shooting the black man they did save his victim's life, and the white man who was not shot's victim died. Although he may have been dead or very close prior to their arrival
Old 01-23-2022, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya an off label use, fairly common

The ones used in this way have much lower rates of side effects than the ones used for hallucinations and delusions though

What I thought u were going to notice between the two "face eater" case studies is that police shot and killed the black man eating someone's face but did not shoot the white man doing it

Two very similar situations, but two very different outcomes. Interestingly enough by shooting the black man they did save his victim's life, and the white man who was not shot's victim died. Although he may have been dead or very close prior to their arrival
Who knows? Maybe the race of the victim was more important tho?
Closed Thread