Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 12:56 PM
Aviak

Smile WTR (Want to Rent) Fungi Tunic

I'm looking to rent a Fungus Covered Scale Tunic again. I rented one once before from a player named Orsk for a couple months. After getting back from like a 3 year hiatus I'm ready to rent some more!

The deal that I had with Orsk was that I'd pay 1k plat per week to rent the fungi tunic, so I'd like to do something around that price range again. I'll mainly be using the tunic on my monk Seanzleks Zaanzexx and maybe sometimes on my paladin Seanidor Conidor.

If necessary, in order to lower your risk and give you peace of mind, I'm willing to type up of some kind of contract and post it in here. With that, we'd have something in writing saying what's happening and what should be done.

The contract could say something like "I'm renting a tunic from blablabla for yadayada. If blablabla doesn't receive any payments after so many days/weeks, then blablabla has the right to forcefully retrieve said item with the help of a GM.

Hopefully we don't have to do all that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So... yeah! I'm looking forward to doing business with one of you! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-23-2016, 11:17 AM
Aviak

Bump.

If you guys think there's anything wrong with this deal, please speak your mind. Is it too cheap? Too unsafe for you? What else needs to be covered?

I'd really like to rent a tunic again since I can't afford one yet. If I had one I'd be able to make money a lot faster in the long run, inching me towards my own. If you have one just sitting on an alt that you haven't played in a while, please share the fun. :-)
Old 09-25-2016, 05:03 AM
Fire Giant

(I don't think you're trying to scam FYI)

1k a week seems too low to me though. Anyone who is rich enough to rent out a fungi should know it's pretty easy to make 2-5k in an hour. To even bother with the hassle of keeping track of my fungi it would probably take me at least 5k a week. Probably more like 10k. If you're concerned enough about leveling to require a fungi, you shouldn't need it more than a week anyways really. But if you can pay 10K to rent a fungi, you should just buy one.

TLDR; someone would just have to be nice to rent one for an affordable price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanidor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bump.

If you guys think there's anything wrong with this deal, please speak your mind. Is it too cheap? Too unsafe for you? What else needs to be covered?

I'd really like to rent a tunic again since I can't afford one yet. If I had one I'd be able to make money a lot faster in the long run, inching me towards my own. If you have one just sitting on an alt that you haven't played in a while, please share the fun. :-)
Kill Mulder, we take the risk of turning one man's quest into a crusade.
Last edited by fuark; 09-25-2016 at 05:05 AM..
Old 09-23-2016, 11:46 AM
Large Rat

Orsk mustve been a nice guy, you'd need to wait nearly 11 months to break even on that investment
Old 09-23-2016, 11:56 AM
Aviak

I wasn't trying to rent to own or anything. He still needed it for himself after all. He just wasn't using it for a while. Too bad I can't get in contact with him and see if he still has it. Actually... *goes to check the private messages from years ago for his contact...* Darn! I guess it was too long ago or something. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-24-2016, 01:43 PM
Aviak

Bump.
Old 09-25-2016, 03:25 AM
Planar Protector

So you played for months, even boosted by Fungi tunics, and still cant afford to buy one at 42k, down from as high as 90k ?? Sounds fishy rly
Old 09-25-2016, 12:26 PM
Aviak

I haven't played as much as you guys think I have. My highest level was a 44 monk when I stopped playing years ago. I did make a decent amount of money while using the fungi tunic years ago, probably around 20k overall in like 3 months? Since I rented it for quite a while without being able to play that often, most of it went towards rent and some towards gear. After giving it back to Orsk I had about 4k leftover, which just sat in the bank all these years. Bah, if only the banks had interest! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've been playing again for almost a week and I've made about 3 to 4k by farming giants in Rathe Mountains. This is actually a lot more than what I usually make. Normally I don't have this much time because of work. There were hardly any shifts scheduled this week which is why I decided to start playing again, well, and because I'm getting tired of reading all the time. I'd guess that I can make approximately 2k a week when I have a normal work schedule... depending on if I even want to log in and farm giants so much during my free time.

Also, I just spent some money on a few pieces of black panther skin armor so I'm basically back to where I was at before... oops. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyway, this is why I want to rent the fungi tunic, it basically doubles my speed at making money and makes what little time I have to play become more enjoyable.

P.S. Who in the heck can make 2 to 5k in an hour!? I couldn't even do that when I played my 65 pallie on live back when PoP was out.
Old 09-29-2016, 12:56 PM
Aviak

Bump.

Yes, I'm still trying. And No, there's no way for me to make as much money as quickly as you guys think I should be able to. All I have is a 45 monk with limited play time.

If someone was willing to rent a fungi tunic to me for 5k a week, I might be able to afford it. If I'm paying that much per week though, I expect the deal to be rent-to-own instead of me returning it after a period of time.

It would be pretty rough for me to make 5k a week, even with the tunic, so "if" I can't make the payments in time then I'd just return it to you and eventually pay off the rest of the rental fee that was missed.

If I can indeed make all the payments in time then how many payments should there be? 10? You'd be getting paid more than normal, 50k, but it would take some time after all.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:04 PM
Banned

Or you could bind wound trick and just not even bother.
Closed Thread