Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Fire Giant

Default Suggestions

I may be stumbling across free time to come back and play casually in the next couple weeks for a decent portion of the summer.

With that in mind, I'm looking for suggestions on what to play. I am pretty certain I'm going to start from scratch w/o any items etc. The classes I'm looking to avoid are: Rogue, Monk, Warrior, Enchanter, Cleric.

With that said, what race class would YOU play? Which combo do you think I should play? Lemme know and we'll see how it goes.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The classes I'm looking to avoid are: Rogue, Monk, Warrior, Enchanter, Cleric.
I agree with all but 1, the monk is a pretty easy to build up money, and their decent armor (Wu's suit) is fairly cheap compared to most other classes, and cheap magic gloves are pretty easy to find as well as 1hb weapons, but those are just optional

My feeling is that all caster classes are put together piece by piece, so it's not often to find the nice items and when you do they are'nt that cheap.

I would suggest necro for a starter class because they are currently the best caster class to solo with (mage as a close 2nd). With monk as your choice if you wish to group and make friends and play like EQ was meant to be played!

This is also coming from a casual point of view. I'm in no rush to get to max level, but i enjoy bullshitting with people while killing orcs.
I'm trying to create something that will be optionally fun for the server, something for level 50's to do when your not busy shitting in your socks.
Greeting Starfighter, you have been recruited by the Starleague to defend the frontier against Zurr and the Codan armada.

Baas rutten, Monk

Realena peacecraft, monk of cazic thule server.
Last edited by jyaku; 05-03-2011 at 11:11 PM..
Old 05-03-2011, 11:07 PM
Orc

I'd personally roll either a High Elf or Dark Elf Enchanter, because I like to be able to do multiple things. In my personal experience, it's hard to solo as a rogue, Monk, and Warrior, and too slow as a cleric. Enchanters work pretty well both solo and group, especially if you can get a good Charm off. Plus they have a lot of gimmicky spells that can be used 'for the lulz' in downtime, or just to mess around in general.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I may be stumbling across free time to come back and play casually in the next couple weeks for a decent portion of the summer.

With that in mind, I'm looking for suggestions on what to play. I am pretty certain I'm going to start from scratch w/o any items etc. The classes I'm looking to avoid are: Rogue, Monk, Warrior, Enchanter, Cleric.

With that said, what race class would YOU play? Which combo do you think I should play? Lemme know and we'll see how it goes.
If you're limited on time or like to go afk... play a necro. It's the most versatile and convenient and soloable class available. If you want to group more and not afk as much, play a shadowknight.

My opinion. A druid is an option. They're also a good way to build up your bank.

Oh, magician. Another strong class on its own.

Rangers are more of a challenge. If you dream of being Aragorn, try one. But, ultimately, they're limited in what they can do and you'll be known for ranger gate by 85% of people. On the other hand, if you thrive on being misunderstood and teased, and you like being able to solo somewhat so you can have the last laugh...

But I'd still play a necro as my first char. It may seem like it's easy to play em by what ppl say, but they have so much ability to do things on their own that they'll keep you plenty busy. Where other classes are doing the same ol' thing, as a necro you'll be coming up with a clever workaround because you had a tool for it.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 05-03-2011 at 11:20 PM..
Old 05-03-2011, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

Play a cleric
Old 05-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Fire Giant

The only reason I'm avoiding those 5 classes is because I already have a level 50 of those.

Thanks for suggestions so far!
Old 05-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Banned

Ima be starting from scratch as well, and look forward to the old school grind of trying to make it in such a ruthless world.

I dont want to make a solo class but i wonder if there are that many newer players around to even group with? Or a solo class may be the only option

Thinking about starting with an Iskar cuz i figure most everyone is in Kunark
Old 05-04-2011, 12:38 AM
Kobold

i just recently started a shaman, i had plenty of people to group with through ec, nro and oasis. i had to do levels 1-6 solo, but that's pretty normal
I'm trying to create something that will be optionally fun for the server, something for level 50's to do when your not busy shitting in your socks.
Greeting Starfighter, you have been recruited by the Starleague to defend the frontier against Zurr and the Codan armada.

Baas rutten, Monk

Realena peacecraft, monk of cazic thule server.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Fire Giant

Necro for ease.

Wizard for challenge.

Bard for Bard speed.

Bard will give you most freedom and vesatility hands down.

And trust me, if you've never exprienced bard speed, it's worth coming back for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Iksar Necro.

Necro > all for soloing ease.

Iksar > all other necro races.

This is coming from a gnome necro.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Closed Thread