Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 02:05 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for conferring and looking into this deeply, as I agree, this was a very "grey" area. However, since the call was reversed, and moving forward this is a FTE mob, officially, is there going to be a reparation for the group that had FTE in the first place? This isn't a simple spawn, it is and has always been highly contested and the window is quite large, sitting around stinky Dark Elves.

Any chance there is a "good-will" gesture to the players involved that, in the end, were correct? Whatever your answer is fine, but I do feel like I need to ask as I have had 2 lvl 60 Enchanters and camped this spawn for I don't even know how many hours. I was there to help a guildmate kill her, with FTE in mind.

Any leniency on this, given the outcome the staff and GM's determined is correct, would be greatly appreciated.
That is between us and the parties involved. If they wish to share the outcome, that's up to them.

edit:words
Old 05-03-2019, 02:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for conferring and looking into this deeply, as I agree, this was a very "grey" area. However, since the call was reversed, and moving forward this is a FTE mob, officially, is there going to be a reparation for the group that had FTE in the first place? This isn't a simple spawn, it is and has always been highly contested and the window is quite large, sitting around stinky Dark Elves.

Any chance there is a "good-will" gesture to the players involved that, in the end, were correct? Whatever your answer is fine, but I do feel like I need to ask as I have had 2 lvl 60 Enchanters and camped this spawn for I don't even know how many hours. I was there to help a guildmate kill her, with FTE in mind. I am not saying any bans or disciplines should be assessed, because as it seems, it was cloudy. However, through all the posts, it is quite obvious it has always been understood to be a FTE.

Any leniency on this, given the outcome the staff and GM's determined is correct, would be greatly appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is between us and the parties involved. If they wish to share the outcome, that's up to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Considering you've - intentional or not - made a fairly significant mistake here, and given the nature and scope if the issue, it would be more appropriate that staff indicate whether they in fact will act ethically.

There's three objectives to be achieved here :

1. Confirm the ruling of the mob mechanics - I suppose this is now done
2. Award the item to the rightful Enchanter
3. Take the item from the persons in the wrong

2. Needs to happen because it's the right thing to do.
3. Needs to happen to send a message. As far as I am concerned every player whom acted in bad faith on this, did knowingly. Regardless, they (according to your final ruling of FTE) KS'd the mob and they should be disciplined.

It's also exacerbated by the fact that in this scenario, it went from FTE to camp to FTE. That means that the individuals in question whom were transgressed, now have a harder time of doing it over again should there be no ruling to award them the items.
They have to effectively give up the camp, and let it become a race again. At least for that brief moment, they had the advantage of holding the camp.
Last edited by Khaleesi; 05-03-2019 at 02:36 PM..
Old 05-03-2019, 02:29 PM
Kobold

Thank you very much for the update, Menden! I've already completed the Enchanter epic (and dont envision doing so again) but the prior decision seemed to run counter to everyone's experience on the matter.

Now I have to find any posts where I referenced it and edit them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-03-2019, 03:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Selling "loot rights" should just be a bannable offense. MQing should be banned too, would make it far less desirable for people to lock down camps they don't personally need.
This a thousand times over.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:08 PM
Skeleton

Default Not good enough

its Not easy to admit you’re wrong so I appreciate the reverse ruling . But Khaleesi is right again- the poor guy who originally lost his petition has been camping VT nonstop based on the original ruling that it’s a camp. Also Menden even says it’s always been treated FTE - everyone seemed to know it but him. It needs to get corrected.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrendyDru [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This a thousand times over.
Offer the seller more theyll sell to you.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Offer the seller more theyll sell to you.
Is this RnF? Or is your reading comprehension just that bad?
Old 05-03-2019, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrendyDru [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this RnF? Or is your reading comprehension just that bad?
? You were wanting people to be banned for doing what they choose w loot theyve earned.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmclark3592 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its Not easy to admit you’re wrong so I appreciate the reverse ruling . But Khaleesi is right again- the poor guy who originally lost his petition has been camping VT nonstop based on the original ruling that it’s a camp. Also Menden even says it’s always been treated FTE - everyone seemed to know it but him. It needs to get corrected.
Nothing "needs" to happen, the guides/GMs don't "owe" players anything. It's these and some of the above types of entitled posts that don't help at all and deter guides from helping or responding quickly, because they get shit on for it anyways, even in this case where Menden provided a very helpful/timely response.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
? You were wanting people to be banned for doing what they choose w loot theyve earned.
Because it's a fucking monopoly. And to get certain things you're forced to buy it instead of camp it like in classic. Your point is invalid, and I choose option 2 from my last post.