Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 04:05 AM
Banned

Lol.. let me clear this up for you
So.. Forager/Hunter is usually always up and no one really makes a big deal about it since it takes like 30 seconds to get both of them if u have a ranger just find em and pull em.

Quillmane.. Now.. How most people camp quillmane is you have someone killing the PH which is like what.. a lioness or a calf or some shit right?
Now it can spawn in multiple locations. IF you have someone sitting at that spawn... Technically he is camping that spawn of quillmane.
Would he be allowed to kill that quillmane? I dont see why not. You're most likely far away from that spawn point if you're killing the PHs.
Ive solo camp quillmane and it sucks. Save some time and grab a few buddies to sit on the spawn points of quillmane and have someone else kill PHs. If you have every quillmane spawn location camped, I dont think someone can just run by and take it since you are camping that spawn point.
Old 05-25-2019, 04:06 AM
Fire Giant

i spent a lot of time in sk leveling with a wiz. killed maybe two, three quillmanes? nobody said shit about em, and i was never trying to get him to spawn. random quillmane pops are probably a lot more common than you think they are. If they had been camped there's no way they'd have wandered as far away from their spawns as they were - around paw, sometimes headed north, sometimes headed south, meaning likely ran once all the way north, and they'd been up for at least several minutes.
Old 05-25-2019, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To just leave Quillmane when you see it because "someone might be camping it" is so passive that it's a bit comical
Old 05-25-2019, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Basically boils down to two type of people:

Shitbirds that will take a Quillmane they see without asking if it belongs to someone

-or-

Wimps who would let someone else get the Quillmane because they don't want to offend.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feniin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically boils down to two type of people:

Shitbirds that will take a Quillmane they see without asking if it belongs to someone

-or-

Wimps who would let someone else get the Quillmane because they don't want to offend.
You could look it this way too:

there are people that get upset over everquest and there are winners.

sometimes you win at rng some times you dont.

you always lose when you're upset.
Old 05-25-2019, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

You're not really camping QM unless you have someone on each spawn point
Old 05-25-2019, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

My favorite citizens of norrath are the one that will see someone trying to spawn quilmain and then sit on one of the northernmost spawn points and cackle to themselves.

like the undead that scourge the lands

the cackling greedy pixel thieves scourge the playerbase

perfect balance of role play and immersion

it wouldnt be eq without em
Old 05-25-2019, 03:24 PM
Orc

lol this thread turned into a shit show, but alas, it is p99.

Either way I was only asking for a general recognized idea of what constitutes camping a camp like this. Looks like the only answer is, grab some friends and have them sit their happy asses everywhere or prepare to get pissed.

Sadly I am in a guild where no one does anything together, so the amount of time that people would actually want to hold hands and have fun killing a flying horse are maybe once a month. It's why I've yet to get my Epic even though I am 90%+ done with it. I think I need to find a new guild to call home.
Old 05-27-2019, 12:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delacroix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol this thread turned into a shit show, but alas, it is p99.

Either way I was only asking for a general recognized idea of what constitutes camping a camp like this. Looks like the only answer is, grab some friends and have them sit their happy asses everywhere or prepare to get pissed.

Sadly I am in a guild where no one does anything together, so the amount of time that people would actually want to hold hands and have fun killing a flying horse are maybe once a month. It's why I've yet to get my Epic even though I am 90%+ done with it. I think I need to find a new guild to call home.
If you can get a full group out there with 2 ranger or bard trackers, you can knock out several cloaks in a reasonable time. Just tell people you'll stick around after you get yours to help with another drop or two and it will get people to bring their mains or alts out that need cloaks still.
Old 05-27-2019, 11:43 AM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TT cycles have always been FTE

Quillmane is weird because previously it's depended on which GM you end up talking to (like a lot of things...), but the most common response has been: if you have people at all 3 spawn locations, with a 4th killing PHs, then you can claim it as "camped." if you're soloing it, it becomes FTE. makes very little sense logically, but there it is.
This is how every staff member should be responding to it. The catch is, you better get FTE within a few seconds of QM spawning. If QM is pathing and someone else gets FTE, you're SOL.

Guidelines/rulings are handled this way to help prevent the need for any staff intervention. If you happen to be running through SK and see QM wandering around, kill it, then another player claims you KSd it how do you know they aren't lying? It's a big zone so that QM could have been wandering around for 10 minutes.
Closed Thread