Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I told the man who invited me that I wish to be tossed around like a ragdoll, its good for my health.
Cement mixer would get that job done.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cement mixer would get that job done.
haha
Old 07-22-2019, 12:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually can't believe people preferred pulling to the zone line or LTK exit. I really can't believe it.
^^^
Old 07-22-2019, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

I loved pulling dragons. I also like crawling. One is more effort, but both are fun.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My understanding is that the smaller guilds were gaming the rotation because Guild A could not muster a force within the agreed-upon window of time, and received help from Guild B, and then Guild B did the same with Guild A (or a Guild C -- whoever could help), and all somehow still had individual places in the rotation.

Which, during discussions leading to and directly after the announcement of the Class C/R/FFA system, was the loophole the Class C guilds threatened to use with their Class R alts to stick it back to Class R for taking a subset of their pixels.
From the perspective of a small guild person: what Zanderr said + the guild(s?) that set up the "entrance to tier" gatekeeper mobs were big enough to justify being in the Class C group, but didn't want to compete. So they could lord over the small guilds. Similar to a 6th grade kid in the 3rd grade playground area. So they were similarly gaming the system, in that regard. Then got mad and threw a fit when they couldn't make all the 3rd graders do exactly what they wanted. The 6th grader ended up competing with the 3rd graders, regardless of making a claim to not wanting to compete in the first place.

Regardless of all this drama between 3rd and 6th graders, the "Age of the Class System" was the time where I had the most fun on P99. I feel bad for the guild leaders that had to sift through the bullshit on the daily to keep the wheels turning.

Taking a trip down memory lane is interesting. All the things that can be dusted off with a little help.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-22-2019, 01:55 PM
Aviak

What are the current rules for the Tunare and Ring War rotations, out of interest? Seems to be working alright?
Old 07-22-2019, 02:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What are the current rules for the Tunare and Ring War rotations, out of interest? Seems to be working alright?
ring war is fixed rotation 4 entities
tunare is race / rot / rot / race / rot / rot ... w/ 4 entities
Old 07-22-2019, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Who are the four Tunare entities? Riot, AM, AG, Aegis? Or some more alliances in there on the last two?
Old 07-22-2019, 02:16 PM
Kobold

Aegis++ (bg/kittens/aegis) but yeah
Old 07-22-2019, 02:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From the perspective of a small guild person: what Zanderr said + the guild(s?) that set up the "entrance to tier" gatekeeper mobs were big enough to justify being in the Class C group, but didn't want to compete.
BDA and Taken.

BDA falls into the description you laid out.

Taken was a little more justified in opting for Class R over Class C. You have to remember that there were so few targets back then compared the post-Velious raid scene. TMO and IB were so hardcore that competing against them required and equal level of commitment. Taken were just a little too casual for that mess.

Also, BDA and Taken didn't just assume that going Class C would be too much, they also got to compete directly against TMO and IB whenever a mob was FFA, which was every 3rd spawn. If they really felt that would have been good for their guild is go class C I have to believe they would have. Targets like Trak, VS, and Sev were huge for TMO and IB still so those were often contested on FFA by BDA and/or Taken as well and I don't think they had a ton of success outside of the occasional snipe.

In the end most of the Class R guilds either merged with Class C guilds or left the server.

If I remember correct the Class R guilds were...

A-Team: Merged with IB pre-Velious to form Rampage.
Divinity: Slowly died. RIP.
BDA: Went to Phinny server.
Taken: Aligned with Forsaken+Asgard and later Rampage in the pre-sleeper waking days. Merged with the remnants Rampage shortly after.
Asgard: Aligned with Forsaken pre-sleeper waking and merged into current day Aftermath shortly after.
AG/Omni/Europa: Never merged but were the CSG alliance well into Velious.
Moonlight Crusaders: I think they folded pre-Velious?
Indignation: Merged into Asgard pre-Velious but some more hardcore members went to Forsaken.