Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe Erollisi Marr was different than the rest, but that is not the experience I had in 1999. I had petitions which never got answered, players resolving conflicts in lieu of gm support, absolutely no communication with developers, and reboots which happened out of nowhere, sometimes 5+ times a day.
same on fennin
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would prefer the devs spend their time working on Velious than working on events that you could take upon yourself to create.
Some people don't seem to understand, they ARE working on Velious but having to deal with fixing what breaks or keeping up with the 'patch timelime' takes precedence over pretty much 'rebuilding' new content.

Quote:
it's probably be more efficient to "hire" on people who's sole job is GM events and nothing else. I'd be willing to do it.
I 2nd this motion, adding that I would be interested in assisting as well.

Quote:
oh, let me make a thread every day saying this server is great and awesome and alive, perhaps people will believe that.

the loudest voices are often just yelling bullshit
Truth right there
I'm trying to create something that will be optionally fun for the server, something for level 50's to do when your not busy shitting in your socks.
Greeting Starfighter, you have been recruited by the Starleague to defend the frontier against Zurr and the Codan armada.

Baas rutten, Monk

Realena peacecraft, monk of cazic thule server.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
same on fennin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
met a GM like once to answer a petition lol
Was Quellious like...the only good Live server or something?

I swear I never have had these issues on Quel. From 1999-2008 at least it was a pretty GM/Guide active server. Hell even when I went back after it went F2P I entered PoK from the Tutorial on my first day to find a guide running around with people and, without me even addressing him, he asked if there was anything I needed help with.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Kobold

I had no issues with GM's on Cazic Thule back in the day. They were very timely in helping me to create my tiny little guild, the one that came to confirm I had the 5-10 people needed to join even gave everybody a bag of ale. Tho he must have been drunk because he typoed the guild name "Sliver Fangs" instead of "Silver Fangs"
I'm trying to create something that will be optionally fun for the server, something for level 50's to do when your not busy shitting in your socks.
Greeting Starfighter, you have been recruited by the Starleague to defend the frontier against Zurr and the Codan armada.

Baas rutten, Monk

Realena peacecraft, monk of cazic thule server.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:30 AM
Kobold

Solution: Turn Blue, Red.

Fun restored.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:01 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe Erollisi Marr was different than the rest, but that is not the experience I had in 1999. I had petitions which never got answered, players resolving conflicts in lieu of gm support, absolutely no communication with developers, and reboots which happened out of nowhere, sometimes 5+ times a day.
I never experienced this on Torv. GMs and staff would respond to my petitions within 24 hours. But again these people were being PAID and there was a big staff. So you guys are doing what you can, unfortunately theres a lot of shit heads around.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never experienced this on Torv. GMs and staff would respond to my petitions within 24 hours. But again these people were being PAID and there was a big staff. So you guys are doing what you can, unfortunately theres a lot of shit heads around.
GMs were paid, but there weren't that many GMS. The server CSR mostly consisted of guides who were unpaid volunteers.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Large Rat

I'd like to add that I've had nothing but good experiences on this (free) server - good job devs and normal players... The squeaky wheel gets the grease, which is unfortunate. Hats off to the devs. The only real trolling I've seen is from the forums... But maybe I'm just nieve.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Kobold

I realize that you should expect trolling on this server, but the amount of people agreeing with the original troll to one degree or another is astounding.
It's like how everyone complains about the high school / college they went to - Everyone complains about their boss - everyone hates the president (Bush or Obama) - everyone hates...
Come on - break the cycle - P99 is a free server that some people put together because they liked a game - It works amazingly well, and the things that don't work get fixed. They care about the integrity of their server enough to police it and swing the banhammer from time to time (which is good for the server as a whole). Kudos - even if the petition time is slower than it was on live or they crack down on some things harder than others, it's free.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:33 PM
Banned

OP doesnt play, tries to get others to feel like they shouldnt play either...

yup

you can stop responding to posts like these now.
Closed Thread