Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 01:22 AM
Banned

Default Infinity wars - Online card game like Magic: TG

So i bought magic 2014 on steam for 3$

Never played it before and right away i had fun, could see myself playing to unlock cards, against other players. But then reading the forums you realize that this game is crippleware, and basically an advertisement for MTGO, where u need to spend hundreds of dollars and only there can you customize your own decks.

So i went lookin for other games like this, installed hearthstone and got annoyed by the cartoony graphics and the terrible childish voice acting.

So googling for more games, i found infinity wars. Its pretty cool so far, although not sure if its gonna end up pay to win once i really learn the game. But for now, i think its great. U can customize decks, unlike magic 2014, theres an online chat to help you with questions, get free booster packs. You get that by playing the campain, where you progressively unlock PVP, then the ability to trade your cards with other players.

EDIT: Its totally not pay to win, glad to support this kind of payment model, dropped 35$ on the game

http://www.lightmare.com.au/infinity-wars/
Last edited by Tradesonred; 02-12-2014 at 03:57 PM..
Old 01-25-2014, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

I didn't like Infinity Wars.

My favorite digital TCGs are Scrolls, Faeria, and Hearthstone, in that order.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't like Infinity Wars.

My favorite digital TCGs are Scrolls, Faeria, and Hearthstone, in that order.
What didnt u like about it?

Fuck, hearthstone made me want to punch my computer screen after 10mins, the voice acting is so annoying.

Never heard about faeria, ill check it out. Looked at scrolls a bit, the hex thing felt weird at first glance.

Edit: looked at faeria, maybe its good but the cartoony graphics is a turn off to me. I really liked MTG artwork but their out of their minds if they think casuals gonna spend more than 25$ to just start to play the game. Im also a big scifi buff so infinity wars kind of hits the right notes for me.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 01-25-2014 at 12:16 PM..
Old 01-25-2014, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

I guess we diverge a bit since I couldn't stand the graphics of Infinity Wars myself (although I thought the gameplay was boring as well). That game is nothing but flashing colors and explosions, I thought I was going to have a seizure every time I started it up.

I think I prefer games like Scrolls and Faeria because they're trying to do something different than MTG and bring in tabletop elements to add to the level of strategy.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:06 PM
Kobold

I've been watching my buddy play HEX on his stream (normally before we stream p99) and it looks really good. It is in closed alpha so you can't just go and play it without paying into it ATM, but it's so much better than the ancient GUI for MTGO
I'm trying to create something that will be optionally fun for the server, something for level 50's to do when your not busy shitting in your socks.
Greeting Starfighter, you have been recruited by the Starleague to defend the frontier against Zurr and the Codan armada.

Baas rutten, Monk

Realena peacecraft, monk of cazic thule server.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess we diverge a bit since I couldn't stand the graphics of Infinity Wars myself (although I thought the gameplay was boring as well). That game is nothing but flashing colors and explosions, I thought I was going to have a seizure every time I started it up.

I think I prefer games like Scrolls and Faeria because they're trying to do something different than MTG and bring in tabletop elements to add to the level of strategy.
Wish someone would go all out and make a game like tabletop dune for PCs, im sure a good game like this could be big.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:42 PM
Banned

This launches tomorrow on steam

Im digging it, artwork is nicely done, fun to play

http://www.infinitywarsgame.com/
Old 02-11-2014, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

Hearthstone is too basic, and there's too much revolving around card draw... if you can outdraw your opponent you're more than likely to win.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hearthstone is too basic, and there's too much revolving around card draw... if you can outdraw your opponent you're more than likely to win.
im a total card noob but to me IW felt like many ways you can flip a game around, fun to build decks and tweak em.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:24 PM
Sarnak

IW is looking pretty good but do you know what kind of pay model they will use when the game is out of beta? I checked their site but couldnt find anything. I'd 100% play this game if it isnt a pay to win model (which it might not be)
Closed Thread