Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a way to remove portions of text like Diety / level / surname? It's giving me some issues here lol -- Love the UI been using it for a bit now, it just only caused problems once I dinged 20.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting. Apparently, I failed include enough space for a surname....oops! That's what I get for never giving my characters a last name. Will fix it in the next update but until then you can exclude the diety and player level from the UI by following these instructions:

1. Navigate to the Leewong UI folder. Locate a file named "EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml". Open it with notepad, wordpad, or your favorite text editor. I prefer notepad ++ which you can download and install for free by doing a quick google search.

2. Once the file is open in a text editor scroll down to the very bottom and you will find this line:
<Pieces>PW_PlayerDiety</Pieces>.

3. We need to comment out that line so it looks likes this:
<!-- <Pieces>PW_PlayerDiety</Pieces> -->

4. Do the same for the player level line:
<!-- <Pieces>PW_PlayerLevel</Pieces> -->

5. Save the file and you are done [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by leewong; 08-18-2014 at 04:05 PM..
Old 08-18-2014, 03:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exmo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we get a version of this where the spellbar includes spell names? =)
Working on that as well as visible timers for buffs. Should be in the next release.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:11 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Looks great. Downloaded the UI last night. Loving the green version. Thanks!
Old 11-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks great. Downloaded the UI last night. Loving the green version. Thanks!
Thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Feel free to post any bugs you find here. I will eventually get around to fixing them and releasing the 2 new UIs.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Fire Giant

nice UI
Old 11-06-2014, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just saying people come here for a Classic EQ experience. And all these new fancy UI features are indeed, not classic, and will eventually get fixed.

Perhaps it's not the place and I'll stick to Bug reporting it I suppose.
Jesus Daldaen its only a damn game. If you don't like it don't use it. Who made you the F'ing Web Police??? Go play WoW. You sound like a good candidate.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:54 PM
Aviak

Trying to piece together this + vert ui hotbars (for the inventory included in hotbar1, rest horizontal) with classic spell gems but I guess I suck at this. Not having much luck. Pasting the relevant files into this ui seems to break the ui and give me basically default_ui. Any tips or suggestions?

Edit: Also bug - there's a sword class icon in the inventory screen but it feels out of place on a druid or necromancer.
Last edited by CoffeeBreath; 11-07-2014 at 12:07 AM..
Old 11-07-2014, 04:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeBreath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trying to piece together this + vert ui hotbars (for the inventory included in hotbar1, rest horizontal) with classic spell gems but I guess I suck at this. Not having much luck. Pasting the relevant files into this ui seems to break the ui and give me basically default_ui. Any tips or suggestions?

Edit: Also bug - there's a sword class icon in the inventory screen but it feels out of place on a druid or necromancer.
My UIs all contain two versions. One with vert hotbars and one with horizontal hotbars. If you open the EQUI_Hotbar.xml files in a text editor you can copy/paste from one to the other, overwriting the old vert or horz hotbars you want to replace.

The warrior class icon (sword) is just laziness on my part. I didnt include the other animations to cut down on file sizes and the amount of work required.
I will most likely change this to something more universal next update. Here are instructions to change the pic to any class you want: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=48
Old 11-07-2014, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jesus Daldaen its only a damn game. If you don't like it don't use it. Who made you the F'ing Web Police??? Go play WoW. You sound like a good candidate.
Oh hot diggity, calling out my post made 5 months ago!

Look - Most custom UI features aren't classic. I'd like to see them removed because they make the game more tedious and in most cases more challenging. Just like classic EQ was.

I've moved my web policing posts to the Bugs Forum... Until my posts from 5 months ago get quoted up, then I respond elsewhere.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:50 AM
Large Rat

Does anyone have a UI with buff timers
Closed Thread