Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

twinking is fun and part of the game on p99. with some classes it is even generally expected to be useful.
Old 01-20-2018, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Rogue with NToV gear at level 4 was fun till 52.
Old 01-20-2018, 01:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtb tripper the 2nd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah I agree. can't even answer a simple fucking question

I answered your question already, can you not read? 3%
Old 01-20-2018, 01:54 PM
Fire Giant

Levels 1-30 are pretty boring after the second/third time. Twinking just reduces the down time to pretty much 0 for those levels for most classes.

Twinking get less effective after those levels the higher you go if you are soloing
Last edited by Bboboo; 01-20-2018 at 02:17 PM..
Old 01-20-2018, 02:28 PM
Banned

The game is hell once you hit your fifties again. Most of my fun after doing raiding has come from fucking around on alts, but I swear to God no matter how much you like that class or the gear u buy it, once you start the fifties grind it is not worth your time.
Old 01-20-2018, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The game is hell once you hit your fifties again. Most of my fun after doing raiding has come from fucking around on alts, but I swear to God no matter how much you like that class or the gear u buy it, once you start the fifties grind it is not worth your time.
My favorite classes have all gotten to 55 lvl and then I stopped. Wish I could press through to 60 just aint been able to do it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden View Post
Wow, someone actually got it right. Lhancelot gets a gold star. They are 100% set by players even though we will enforce the way Lhancelot stated above.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:06 PM
Banned

Filbus, are you speaking specifically about warriors?
Old 01-20-2018, 04:06 PM
Banned

Well, my warrior was my first toon on p99 so I had nostalgia driving me through the hell. It was cool when I got discs but actually leveling to 60 sucked. Basically you auto attack and that's about it. People will lie to you that the game is hard and complex but it's not. You auto attack one mob then the next at the same camps for maybe a hundred hours in your fifties. I may not have achieved 60 if chardok AE hadn't helped me get a couple levels.

Since then I have played numerous alts, all of whom had much better solo skills. I basically soloed all the way to 55 on my enc, a class whose mechanics I love very much

But at the end of the day,to go from 54 to 60, you are literally repeating the same actions on the same npcs for so long that its only fun if you are sedated by narcotics, depressed/escaping something IRL, or actually an obsessive autistic person.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But at the end of the day,to go from 54 to 60, you are literally repeating the same actions on the same npcs for so long that its only fun if you are sedated by narcotics, depressed/escaping something IRL, or actually an obsessive autistic person.
That's basically a summation of that "Kunark Problem" article from way back. It takes about as long to go from 51-60 as it does to go from 1-51.

Only when going from 51-60, you're basically relegated to Karnors, Seb, HS or Chardok; only four zones for dozens and dozens of hours of XP grind. This is much worse on P99 where you only find PUGs in KC/Seb while HS/Chardok require bringing your own group. Finally, Karnor's is godawful xp once you're 55+ so now you're stuck in 1 of about 4 camps in Sebilis.

On the other hand, when you're leveling from 1-50+ you have the choice of about three or four different XP zones/dungeons at any given level. You could easily XP in a couple dozen different zones on your way up which GREATLY reduces the monotony.
Last edited by HalflingWarrior; 01-20-2018 at 04:32 PM..
Old 01-20-2018, 05:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
What sort of things do you think people come here to escape?
Closed Thread