Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 12:52 AM
Orc

Default Hi, I'm EQ is completley new to me and....

I would like someone to help me and quest with me. If you are starting a new character let's group up and do some quests. I am really having trouble finding my skills and finding quests, I am not looking for someone to bombard with mundayne questions.

I played Ruins of Kunark back in 2000 but only got to about lvl 10 before I stopped becuase I couldn't afford it, I consider myself a seasoned mmo player so I am not a total noob I just need a little help
Old 04-30-2011, 12:53 AM
Orc

PS, I will start a new character and meet up with you.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:57 AM
Orc

On the subject of quests, how do I find quests? I can't seem to find any anywhere.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:13 AM
Aviak

Quests. Best to look up quests by zone. Also remember this is classic and kunark. Some of the sites will have extra quests that are not implemented yet.

You must Hail a npc and start a conversation with him.. Try repeating the highlighted words back to them. Or put them in a sentence. There is no QUest log In classic or kunark so wright things down you need to remember.

Best of luck to you. My main is not of lvl for me to be alting just yet or I would show you around. PM me ingame if you do need any advise on where to go to find groups.

Be safe.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:23 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmotzart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quests. Best to look up quests by zone. Also remember this is classic and kunark. Some of the sites will have extra quests that are not implemented yet.

You must Hail a npc and start a conversation with him.. Try repeating the highlighted words back to them. Or put them in a sentence. There is no QUest log In classic or kunark so wright things down you need to remember.

Best of luck to you. My main is not of lvl for me to be alting just yet or I would show you around. PM me ingame if you do need any advise on where to go to find groups.

Be safe.
Thank you, I know about the /hail command, im starting to get a better feel for the game overall and I like it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I just want a leveling partner who understands the game. What's your toons name?
Old 04-30-2011, 01:26 AM
Banned

Hitting 'h' is a handy shortcut to /hail.
Old 04-30-2011, 02:12 AM
Fire Giant

Your best bet is to stop looking for quests as they are a very minor part of the game (contrary to the name). Go kill stuff and group with people, that is the game. When you get good enough maybe you can poopsock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Kobold

Nalkin is Right. Enjoy the group grind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-30-2011, 03:28 PM
Skeleton

Yeah, these guys are right.

There are quests in the game. Some are quick ones that you will repeat for EXP and loot, others are epic and take days, even weeks to complete. The gameplay of classic EQ is not focused on questing though. There is no linear quest path like other, newer MMOs.

Where this game shines is being social, grouping, killing, making money, building a group of friends or even a guild, helping other players, exploring, dying, having to run across the continent to retreive your corpse, fun stuff like that. Instead of relying on quests to set your goals for you, set your own goals. Having said that though, the P99 Wiki has a pretty good list of quests to get your started if you're really into searching them out [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-30-2011, 03:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drax86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
having to run across continents to retreive your corpse, gut-wrenching stuff like that.
Fixed.
Closed Thread