Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Dreams
  • Mixxit/Nilbog/Bumamgar/Rogean: Plane of Sky is now open!
/dream
Old 06-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Orc

just curious on why batwings are removed from all vendors. pretty sure i remember buying them in classic
Old 06-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Planar Protector

Why are the Translocators still in the game?
Old 06-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Fire Giant

Good patch, havnt seen the boat yet since TL were left still use em!

Sidenote: When will Shrink be fixed for hybrid zones like MM, Unrest, and CT? And as some claim, that im not 100% on was hybrid, HHK?
Old 06-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  • <del>Haynar: As requested, the range for pets to attack was checked and found to be set to a higher value that is present on live. As a consequence of this investigation, it was found that the pet mechanics for attacking were not implemented to resemble live behavior. This has now been remedied. Telling a pet to attack a mob that is at a greater than its attack range, will cause the pet to wait until the mob gets close enough. Make sure you keep control of your pets.</del>
Pets never had any kind of range in classic (neither in kunark)!
If you had the target, you could send your pet, no matter where the target was or how far the pet was away from you!
The only evidence is a patch note from May 8, 2002 3:00 am

Quote:
- /pet attack range has been limited to prevent its use as a targeting
tool.

"Limited" not "decreased". Meaning the /pet attack always worked without a range limitation until this date in 2002

Even if im not completly sure on this, there is a thing im 100% sure.
Until at last kunark, you could just send the pet MINIMUM at a range which was out of sight (with clip plane 100%, without fog, on daytime). Meaning you click on a target, run far away that you cant see that target anymore and then send your pet in and it would attack. So if there is no proof on the exact range, please increase the range at last to the clip plane, to get closer to the classic behavior

[50 Warrior] Rumzuck Umbatsch (Ogre) <Remedy>
[34 Druid] Vito Corleone (Wood Elf) <Europa>
[35 Necromancer] Torak (Dark Elf) <Europa>
[13 Shadow Knight] Rumzerg (Dark Elf) <Europa>

EQEmuLauncher
Have your files up to date, switch between servers nice and easy, and more!
http://moestaverne.com/

Last edited by Zordana; 06-12-2010 at 03:06 PM..
Old 06-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are the Translocators still in the game?
We thought we would give you all chance to test the boats before removing them. It's such a pain to travel long distances we didn't want to inconvenience you any more in the case of any issues :-)
Old 06-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Developer

I think standing at zone in, using /pet attack Ghoul Lord, then having pet run across entire zone, allowing you to log before the train gets back to you, would be a major exploit.

But, how I remember it working, you could do /pet attack Ghoul_Lord000, and if mob was up, pet would say Attacking Ghoul Lord Master!, and if mob was not up, pet would say nothing.

I never remember a pet running across the zone, to attack something, just because you were able to target it, and use /pet attack.

I believe there was a time, you could tell pet to attack, and assist your pet, to get a target on the mob

I think changing /pet attack behavior, to specifically exploit and grief is a bad idea.

Haynar
Old 06-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think standing at zone in, using /pet attack Ghoul Lord, then having pet run across entire zone, allowing you to log before the train gets back to you, would be a major exploit.

But, how I remember it working, you could do /pet attack Ghoul_Lord000, and if mob was up, pet would say Attacking Ghoul Lord Master!, and if mob was not up, pet would say nothing.

I never remember a pet running across the zone, to attack something, just because you were able to target it, and use /pet attack.

I believe there was a time, you could tell pet to attack, and assist your pet, to get a target on the mob

I think changing /pet attack behavior, to specifically exploit and grief is a bad idea.

Haynar
yeah, we wouldnt want that exploit, but you can make a difference between "/pet attack" and "/pet attack target"
you cannot "/target" over a far range, and "/pet attack target" should work like "/target" with also the casters range to the target

and like i said.. even if not exact value like classic, you should increase the range way more, cause its annoying to be honest to always have to be _almost_ in aggro range to have /pet attack work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[50 Warrior] Rumzuck Umbatsch (Ogre) <Remedy>
[34 Druid] Vito Corleone (Wood Elf) <Europa>
[35 Necromancer] Torak (Dark Elf) <Europa>
[13 Shadow Knight] Rumzerg (Dark Elf) <Europa>

EQEmuLauncher
Have your files up to date, switch between servers nice and easy, and more!
http://moestaverne.com/

Old 06-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Aviak

Thanks for the Kick-Ass Patch!

Awesomeness x 1000!
Old 06-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

This used to be a viable way to pull named in CoM actually.. Instead of clearing to the top for the magician epic, you'd /targ Neh, and then /pet attack, /assist pet.

Wala. You've got your epic mob otw!