Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 02-11-2022, 11:52 PM
Kobold

Default What's most chill class for an alt?

Playing enchanter is very high stress, every charm break is a near death experience. So thinking of an alt that is just easy, chill class to play. Doesn't require micro managing a million things, research spells, or need to swap spells mid fight, but can also solo decently. Just a class to mindlessly play as alt during slow times.

Is Druid the best option here, seems like a shaman who can port basically? Or should I look at Hybrids more like SK/Ranger?

Thanks all.
Old 02-12-2022, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

Why not rogue? High damage, stealth, low responsibility. Fun to kit it out with cool weapons and gear. Group with people and socialize with autoattack on.

Oh, I see you said solo decently. And that is a no. But maybe you can group sometimes. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Videri; 02-12-2022 at 01:30 AM..
Old 02-12-2022, 01:34 AM
Planar Protector

Wizard. Easily the most productive I’ve been in real life while leveling. Just quad and go afk. Make sure to roll dark elf for hide.
Old 02-12-2022, 06:47 AM
Planar Protector

I have to say druid because druids basically just sit around and do nothing when they're a main.

I second rogue tho, its a fun chill class that can be played with a ps2 controller using joy2key.
Old 02-12-2022, 07:01 AM
Planar Protector

Enc main here too - I found monk very enjoyable. You at least want a fungi, though.

Solo in the highest ZEM dungeons. Flop and afk anytime you like.
Last edited by Toxigen; 02-12-2022 at 07:05 AM..
Old 02-12-2022, 07:28 AM
Planar Protector

Agree with monk.

FD is good, but I think there is enough overlap between nec and enc that it might cause frustration. Monk is desirable in groups, has a super effective afk button and can self haste very well, which coupled with it’s good avoidance and capacity to twink mend/mitigation makes it a strong soloer.

Sk is good, and can do some really silly stuff (I’ve known a 39 SK solo CoM temple cos a group wanted to form there but wouldn’t invite him). Sk feels like it has a higher baseline for required activity, which means it can’t be played quite as casually as a monk.

Druid is good if you want to be really casual, doing stuff like making wolf sandwiches and spider candy instead of levelling.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-12-2022, 08:38 AM
Planar Protector

Any other int caster really.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-12-2022, 12:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enc main here too - I found monk very enjoyable. You at least want a fungi, though.

Solo in the highest ZEM dungeons. Flop and afk anytime you like.
Thanks, but doesn’t monk need to use ID to level later on, chasing whatever at full speed for a while? Or that’s not a needed thing anymore?
Old 02-12-2022, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Nah, just choose targets you can toe to toe. It’s a chill alt - doesn’t matter if you’re just pecking at xp greens and low blues (can go slightly higher with gear). You won’t be clearing rooms of yellows for many levels, even twinked.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-12-2022, 12:26 PM
Fire Giant

Melee: Monk
Spell caster: Necro

Both solo, both can fd for long periods, both can split and solo most exp camps