Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 06:12 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If its blue, there's no one to talk to because its all top heavy or twink alts, everyone is in karnor's castle farming exp/T staves, although most groups ive been in have had plenty of party banter

If its green beta, its 70 people and 35 of them are a box cleric

When it is green release and we hit 1k hopefully and the only thing to do is spam LFG and meme in ooc then there will be people talking
sounds cool.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I always try to get something started in group chat, usually people are responsive but someone has to make that first EQ dad joke or something like it and get the ball rolling <3

If you mean public channels being quiet, go to EC and tell everyone who you voted for in the last Presidential election and why...guaranteed to start something [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This!
I always noticed that it depends on how you start a conversation in a group.
OK, some do a /resist but most of the times it will work.

Generaly people do nice talking (and want to talk) in groups.
Once i had somebody telling his whole (characters) life story.
That was so nice told and went through hours while we were in MM pulling at castle entrance.

Just do the first step, and best in a group.
Otherwise you should try something very controversal, people will jump up.

Asmodina - Level 39 Wizard << blue >>
Corvinia - Level 51 Druid << green >>
Old 10-18-2019, 06:35 AM
Banned

Some chat has moved to other places such as Discord. It can be setup like a forum with its channels.

As a test I erased Discord and any extra programs I used for EQ such as GINA and toggled full screen only. I have also noticed how barren it can be.

I logged into blue last night to do a Growth raid, running no discord all you get in guild chat is what pulls are incomming. Group chat consisted of Hi and a Hello. Everything is going on in Discord. Since I can't tab out to watch Youtube I sat there watching incoming spam.

Why am I playing this.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some chat has moved to other places such as Discord. It can be setup like a forum with its channels.

As a test I erased Discord and any extra programs I used for EQ such as GINA and toggled full screen only. I have also noticed how barren it can be.

I logged into blue last night to do a Growth raid, running no discord all you get in guild chat is what pulls are incomming. Group chat consisted of Hi and a Hello. Everything is going on in Discord. Since I can't tab out to watch Youtube I sat there watching incoming spam.

Why am I playing this.
It'll be different with Green.
Old 10-18-2019, 07:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticflava [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's all hard to tell, because you lack the basic communication skills to describe it, even when asked directly.
It's weird how almost everyone else in this thread understands his gripe but you seize on an ambiguity to pursue a pedantic demand for clarity. If someone doesn't respond to you in a gripe thread, perhaps it's time to move on instead of making multiple posts about how you don't understand and then insulting the OP for no reason.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's weird how almost everyone else in this thread understands his gripe but you seize on an ambiguity to pursue a pedantic demand for clarity. If someone doesn't respond to you in a gripe thread, perhaps it's time to move on instead of making multiple posts about how you don't understand and then insulting the OP for no reason.
Your reading comprehension needs a lot of work.

Noone in this thread understands, which is why all the posts are just generic info as they are trying to guess what he means.

I asked for clarification, and all of my posts contain relevant questions to further the discussion. When presented with those, he chose to not once clarify and instead insult, which clearly indicates he is not actually seeking discussion or responses.

You can add your post to the list of ones that do not attempt to further that discussion which mine do.

Take a second and reread the thread, and tell me where you see the first insult pop up? How about the second? Seeing a pettern?...
Last edited by Arcticflava; 10-18-2019 at 12:13 PM..
Old 10-18-2019, 10:44 PM
Skeleton

I dont know much about green and what its about beyond a new server with out all the goodies we have currently on blue.
Where can i go to get an idea of what green is going to be about ?
Old 10-18-2019, 11:17 PM
Banned

arcticflava has that certain strain of autism that isn't charming just irritating
Old 10-19-2019, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass315 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont know much about green and what its about beyond a new server with out all the goodies we have currently on blue.
Where can i go to get an idea of what green is going to be about ?
the green forum section ?
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 10-19-2019, 04:23 PM
Kobold

A/s/l?
Closed Thread