Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-06-2019, 05:41 PM
Baler Baler is offline
Planar Protector

Baler's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baakss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is definitely NOT a rants and flames post guys. This is ultra super serious.
This is not a rants and flames thread. Unless certain members of the p99 forums decide to break the forum rules and rant or flame outside of the rants and flames sub forum.

I suggest if you wish to RnF take it to the appropriate section.

I am likely The pot calling the kettle black on this but it doesn't make it any less true.
__________________
[P99 Wiki]
consider red | nostalgia is a powerful drug.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-06-2019, 05:42 PM
Freakish Freakish is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,202
Default

Flame lick you. I'll do what I want.
__________________
Butchh | Facetious | Knockers
Jayce | Briefs | Squash
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-06-2019, 05:51 PM
Cen Cen is offline
Planar Protector

Cen's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: PA
Posts: 1,032
Default

Galahad is probably rolling over in his grave thanks to this.

You should be ashamed.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-06-2019, 05:52 PM
Endonde Endonde is offline
Sarnak

Endonde's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 202
Default

The Project 1999 Wiki is not maintained by the P99 staff and may contain inaccuracies between the emulator server, forums, live EverQuest, and reality.

This is a wiki for a reason. Anyone can contribute (this means YOU!) If you see something that is inaccurate or can be improved, don't ask that it be fixed--just improve it.
__________________
Mr. Irrelevant
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-06-2019, 05:54 PM
Baler Baler is offline
Planar Protector

Baler's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Project 1999 Wiki is not maintained by the P99 staff and may contain inaccuracies between the emulator server, forums, live EverQuest, and reality.

This is a wiki for a reason. Anyone can contribute (this means YOU!) If you see something that is inaccurate or can be improved, don't ask that it be fixed--just improve it.
This is true but does not address the point of this thread. Please read the original post carefully. This is not an issue of people contributing, I encourage people to contribute. This is an issue of false information and defacing the wiki's accuracy. Also the wiki has it's own admins and moderators.

Wiki admins have stated in the past that wiki users are not allowed to change non-copyrighted texts or images that already exists and have been established as accurate.
example: Server first images or texts.
__________________
[P99 Wiki]
consider red | nostalgia is a powerful drug.
Last edited by Baler; 10-06-2019 at 06:00 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-06-2019, 06:10 PM
Endonde Endonde is offline
Sarnak

Endonde's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is true but does not address the point of this thread. Please read the original post carefully. This is not an issue of people contributing, I encourage people to contribute. This is an issue of false information and defacing the wiki's accuracy. Also the wiki has it's own admins and moderators.

Wiki admins have stated in the past that wiki users are not allowed to change non-copyrighted texts or images that already exists and have been established as accurate.
example: Server first images or texts.
Fix it, or stop caring about it. The server first shit is self policing anyway, and it always reverts back to a semi accurate state after the trolls get bored.
__________________
Mr. Irrelevant
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-06-2019, 06:10 PM
Danth Danth is offline
Planar Protector


Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,018
Default

What exactly are these people having edit wars over?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-06-2019, 06:15 PM
Baler Baler is offline
Planar Protector

Baler's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,610
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What exactly are these people having edit wars over?
The most common problem is uploading an image of their character + guild tag with an item. To replace an existing image of someone else with said item. Changing the text to claim they were the first <guild name> person to get that item. Replacing the server first text.

There are also some other incidences where they'd change server first text to their guild name first. I believe in an attempt to dance around the rules but blatantly breaking the rules of the wiki.
__________________
[P99 Wiki]
consider red | nostalgia is a powerful drug.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-06-2019, 06:41 PM
Pyrrhica Pyrrhica is offline
Sarnak

Pyrrhica's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Miami
Posts: 269
Default

Can you name some examples of images changed?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-06-2019, 06:48 PM
zodium zodium is offline
Planar Protector

zodium's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Plane of Mischief
Posts: 1,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The most common problem is uploading an image of their character + guild tag with an item. To replace an existing image of someone else with said item. Changing the text to claim they were the first <guild name> person to get that item. Replacing the server first text.

There are also some other incidences where they'd change server first text to their guild name first. I believe in an attempt to dance around the rules but blatantly breaking the rules of the wiki.
just stop tracking server firsts, which is pointless and has nothing to do with classic anyway
__________________
[60 Pirate] Gatmanno (Puppet) <Riot>
[37 Daniel] Complete (Daniel) <Dial a Daniel>
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:21 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.