Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10-08-2019, 12:46 PM
Zeboim Zeboim is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where's all those "American values!" folks when it's time to stand up for American values?

Ultimately capitalism is a critical part of our country, but it does not solely define us. Little things like democracy and human rights are still a part of that definition too.
Those people are busy making money off of China.

This is America. Everything is for sale... for the right price.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-08-2019, 12:51 PM
Mblake81 Mblake81 is offline
Fire Giant

Mblake81's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bristlebane <Reckless Fury>
Posts: 758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.S. The first website I ever created, back in like '97 or '98, was a Warcraft 2 fan site. I used to LOVE that company, and I'm both angry and sad at how far they've fallen.
That was blizzard then, its just a name now like many other old developer studios.. once they are bought out and passed around town like a whore. It's not the same company anymore and hasn't been for some time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The tone of D3 should have been obvious, it was to some of us [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] WoW killed the MMORPG genre and the company. I feel not one ounce of pity for whatever it is now, mobile games company.

Desktop PC computer developers are just indie. PC rides bitch with consoles/mobile. I haven't touch a new game in forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where's all those "American values!" folks when it's time to stand up for American values?

Ultimately capitalism is a critical part of our country, but it does not solely define us. Little things like democracy and human rights are still a part of that definition too.
Ahhumm.. you know that is complicated. You go to a store and the chinesium tools are whats affordable and the standard American is the premium (not standard) and the German versions are the upgrade to that. I get a little cynical. Some people took a shortcut to earn more profits but changed the way things are done across the board. Would take a significant shake up to turn that boat around and it might not be politically possible.

Our automobile companies go to other nations (fiat owns practically everything). Americans are too expensive to pay, in America. Manufacturing is seen as despicable and only for people entering the country. We push a lot of papers around. We have poor confidence in ourselves (unless its in a country music song to make $$$)

The things you say are noble, I tried to argue this once, on another board and was told this isn't Mayberry anymore. I also got caught up in communist accusations because I didn't support the status quo and questioned if it was really American anymore.
Last edited by Mblake81; 10-08-2019 at 01:10 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-08-2019, 12:59 PM
Horza Horza is offline
Planar Protector

Horza's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its just a name now like many other old developer studios.. once they are bought out and passed around town like a whore.
Classy metaphor.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-08-2019, 01:10 PM
Mblake81 Mblake81 is offline
Fire Giant

Mblake81's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bristlebane <Reckless Fury>
Posts: 758
Default

Quote:
This message is hidden because Horza is on your ignore list.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-08-2019, 01:11 PM
pink grapefruit pink grapefruit is offline
Sarnak

pink grapefruit's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 420
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Activision pretty much ruined Blizzard when they bought them. They dropped the ball so badly with classic WoW, I am not sure I will ever be able to trust them again.
OP is a legit complaint about Blizz and I agree w loramin 100%, but how did Blizz drop the ball with classic? I'm loving classic lol.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-08-2019, 01:14 PM
Mblake81 Mblake81 is offline
Fire Giant

Mblake81's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bristlebane <Reckless Fury>
Posts: 758
Default

You mean something that was originally created when it was still Blizzard?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-08-2019, 01:15 PM
Horza Horza is offline
Planar Protector

Horza's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
.
I thought you abandoned this forum for Rants & Flames because you can't handle any criticism without melting down.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Mblake81 Mblake81 is offline
Fire Giant

Mblake81's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bristlebane <Reckless Fury>
Posts: 758
Default

Quote:
This message is hidden because Horza is on your ignore list.
Reply
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

@Loramin: Besides my desktop PC vs. Mobile argument goes the way of the automobile replacing the horse and buggy. Convenience wins and I am just mad/bad/sad because I don't like that garbage.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-08-2019, 01:25 PM
Zeboim Zeboim is offline
Sarnak


Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 247
Default

Hey, remember the time we tried to stand up against China?

It was called the TPP.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-08-2019, 01:28 PM
Horza Horza is offline
Planar Protector

Horza's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 1,798
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
.jpg
I've never seen someone so proud of being so thin-skinned.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:51 PM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.