Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kraddok found a hidden area by the Dark Elf camp near Mistmoore. You can see the entrance through the zone wall.
I'd like to know more about this. I don't see anything unusual in EQZoneViewer. That program is usually quite good for finding things like unused areas, cat rooms, etc.

Danth
Old 10-11-2019, 08:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to know more about this. I don't see anything unusual in EQZoneViewer. That program is usually quite good for finding things like unused areas, cat rooms, etc.

Danth
cue video
Old 10-11-2019, 08:05 PM
Banned

err.. you know what, my bad. That was in Neriak next to the pot. I got that confused.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:04 PM
Banned

I suspect there might be some truth to what OP says.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...0&p=4#comments

"If you talk so several NPCs like Hasten Bootstrutter or Morin Shadowbane in Kithicor it will turn up that Shadowed Men seem to be "new" to Norrath, they seem to be followers/creatures of the darkness and evil Norrath is slowly consumed by, I guess the Temple of Solusek Ro opposes them to fight the darkening of the world, you see, Solusek Ro is the God of Sun and if the sun would be darkened, Solusek Ro would vanish from Norrath."
Old 10-11-2019, 10:17 PM
Banned

"Very true. The shadowed man in question is Ssythi (i believe), and has abandoned his shadowed roots and works for the temple of sol ro. the flower is on top of the coffin inside the building in the graveyard, and repops about once a minute. Ssythi, on hailing, will ask you to go and get the flower for him (her?).

The reward for this quest is temple of sol ro faction and a necro only secptre with one triggered charge of clarity II. There are no experience nor coin rewards for this particular quest.

Beware, however, the little building: there is a harsh (30pt or so) fall trap that sends you straight down into underground mistmoore, and there are some tough mobs down there. only about three, but they are much higher than the mobs that are in the graveyard. To get out of this trap, follow the only path until you reach a room with three doors. Don't open the doors... check for one of two hidden walls that will take you up a short incline and deposit you straight back in the graveyard.

i only wish i was a necro and could use the clarity II. =)

merri.
ranger,
erol seymour."

"Shadowed Book
#Nov 25 2001 at 6:46 AMRating: Decent
VergolinX
47 posts
The quest isn't broken.
The quest starts in the Temple of Solusek Ro.
Here's the quest info.

---------------------------------
Vurgo promises to scribe to you the Word of Darkness if you bring him the following: A Shadow Book from shadowmen, A Book of Darkness from an Erudite Magician in a Tower by Lake Rathe and A Book of Frost from the Icy Goblin in Permafrost. To get the Book of Darkness for this quest, go to the dock nearest to the Rathe Mountain zone in Lake Rathe. Straight ahead is a tower...swim out to it. Inside of the tower are two Erudites: A Male Magician and a Female Wizard. They are both blue to a level 26 Necromancer, but the magician always has a pet, and they will hammer you pretty badly, so you will need a healer. Killing either Erudite causes faction hits: - Guards of Qeynos, - Order of Three, + Bloodsabres, + Opal Darkbriar. As an uncommon drop, they will drop the Book of Darkness. Bring him these, 300 gp and the note he gives you to get the item. It is no drop item only useable by Necromancers, so there is no reason for a non necro to do the quest
---------------------------------

The reward is a +45 mana book that has a right click spell effect 'Allure of Death' which I think is a necro health for mana spell, level 20.

I just spent about an hour camping the shadowed men and got tired. I'm a 50 monk with the first 2 books, letting my level 15 necro loot the last one. Then we're gonna multi-quest. Anyway, hope that helps."

Are these in game?
Old 10-11-2019, 10:32 PM
Planar Protector

The usual story of software development. I bet the fantasy and the plots were running high the first couple of months of development until some guy showed up and said bitches if this thing doesn't launch tomorrow no one is getting paid. And the QA guy was like look at this list and everyone was looking at him and nodding their head yeah and they're saying we know we know we know and meanwhile their right hands are creeping towards the glove box. Where the launch switch is.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:16 AM
Sarnak

I gotta agree I was kinda upset to find out that places shown on the original Antonica map that came with the game were not in the game at all. Sadly there seems to be no EQ software development kit so that these original zones can be created and added as custom content now.
Reminds of Babylon 5 backstory where the series that was made is nothing like the series that was originally planned.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:07 AM
Sarnak

Interesting post, would like to know how the OP is getting their info though.

Classic, Kunark and Velious went together so well, and then we had Luclin with playable cat people on the moon - strange decision that's for sure. Remember being so disappointed when I got to the main city in Luclin and it was so big and empty. There was almost endless potential for more lost continents.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:10 AM
Fire Giant

I've never understood why a bunch of people who have no issue with lizard people are incensed by cat people...
Old 10-12-2019, 09:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never understood why a bunch of people who have no issue with lizard people are incensed by cat people...
To me it was that medieval fantasy was enough. I didn't need space travel for even more fantasy.
Closed Thread