Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-14-2015, 10:35 PM
Sarnak

Default What is the name of this UI?

What is the name of this UI, and where is the thread on getting it installed? Been forum digging, and gave up.

Also, how do I restore the horizontal hotbar, as shown in the 2nd screenshot?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Recoome Kaboom - ?? Shadow Knight (Ogre)
Tierael Div`launim - 40 Cleric (Dark Elf)
Old 02-14-2015, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

Thats the default UI, isn't it?
Old 02-14-2015, 11:53 PM
Sarnak

Apparently not. 2 of my friends installed it and got the Velious UI.

Recoome Kaboom - ?? Shadow Knight (Ogre)
Tierael Div`launim - 40 Cleric (Dark Elf)
Old 02-15-2015, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

Default is definitely not the Velious UI.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:46 AM
Kobold

In the technical section, sticky thread "Helpful Links and Guides" has a link to Updating a UI... or something like that. Has links to UI options.

Option #1 has the 4 hot bars.

Keymap them to open the one's that are not up by default.

Krey
Old 02-17-2015, 10:47 AM
Skeleton

Hi All,

I'm just getting re-started after a 13 year break and am challenged remembering a few things about the UI.

I've read the threads about downloadable UI packages others have made and look forward to trying those. These questions are about the UI I first started with. I figured other restarting newbs might look at this and have some of their questions answered too.

I started with an action bar (Melee Attack, and some abilities like Sneak, Hide, etc that a hafling has), EQ button, Main Chat, Songs, Actions, Target, Effects windows and a personal window with red, blue and yellow bars and a group section.

First question a little humourous. I was fought (and beat!) a fire beetle, then noticed my health was not recovering. I figured I was poisoned. I recalled an icon indicator of some kind that showed what you were poisoned or diseased with. Is that shown on the UI? Seems like the Effects window would be a good place for that.

Second question is about resizing the Hot Buttons window, the one with Melee Attack. The other windows can be resized by cursoring over the lower left and right corners, but I can only move the Action window around, not resize it.

Lastly, I did not mention the Spell Gems window above. Somehow it came up when I was running around. I see it is toggled on and off by going EQ button -> Character -> Spell Gems. It's spells are cast by alt+1, etc. Spell gems cannot be resized, like the Action window.

Alt+W brings up the window selector, letting you toggle the various windows.

Lastly, I recall that the yellow bar under Health and Mana is the stamina bar. It moves a little when I jump. I thought it was exhausted when character sprinted, but I cannot seem to find the Sprint ability so that might be a false memory.

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2015, 04:13 PM
Fire Giant

Check my sig for a link.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkertailor15 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi All,

I'm just getting re-started after a 13 year break and am challenged remembering a few things about the UI.

I've read the threads about downloadable UI packages others have made and look forward to trying those. These questions are about the UI I first started with. I figured other restarting newbs might look at this and have some of their questions answered too.

I started with an action bar (Melee Attack, and some abilities like Sneak, Hide, etc that a hafling has), EQ button, Main Chat, Songs, Actions, Target, Effects windows and a personal window with red, blue and yellow bars and a group section.

First question a little humourous. I was fought (and beat!) a fire beetle, then noticed my health was not recovering. I figured I was poisoned. I recalled an icon indicator of some kind that showed what you were poisoned or diseased with. Is that shown on the UI? Seems like the Effects window would be a good place for that.

Second question is about resizing the Hot Buttons window, the one with Melee Attack. The other windows can be resized by cursoring over the lower left and right corners, but I can only move the Action window around, not resize it.

Lastly, I did not mention the Spell Gems window above. Somehow it came up when I was running around. I see it is toggled on and off by going EQ button -> Character -> Spell Gems. It's spells are cast by alt+1, etc. Spell gems cannot be resized, like the Action window.

Alt+W brings up the window selector, letting you toggle the various windows.

Lastly, I recall that the yellow bar under Health and Mana is the stamina bar. It moves a little when I jump. I thought it was exhausted when character sprinted, but I cannot seem to find the Sprint ability so that might be a false memory.

Thanks!

1. It would indeed show up in your "buff bar" or "buff window" or "effect window", you most likely were not poisoned. If you were, your health would be displayed in red. Same for disease. Plus, fire beetles don't poison [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Health regen at low levels is slow, especially standing. You would not really notice it at a glance. It never really is "fast" without regeneration spells, heals, or racial regen.

2. I am assuming you are asking how to resize that window. It can't be done inherently, would take modifications to the UI itself. Only a few UI windows can be changed, mostly chat windows and the buff window. The song window is not in use, and songs count towards your total "buffs" or effects. So do detrimentals.

Your spell bar is disabled on melee's (I have never tried to see if you can even open it tbh) but on casters there is a hot key combination that will allow you to toggle it displayed or non displayed. I don't remember off hand what the toggle is, but if you play around you will find it. Alt + w and hover over the spell icon, it should tell you. Then quickly Alt + w that ugly, non classic toolbar closed again. Its ugly. And not classic. Bonus points: Use one hotbar only (classic) and learn to Alt + cast like you mentioned. It actually is a good way to use all 8 spells with just 1-4, and alt. set 5-8 to your first 4 hotkeys, then cast spell slots 1-4 with alt. All 8 spells can be cast one handed and without stretching your finger, taking it off the mouse, etc. Or you can click them with mouse, make a macro, or whatever works best. Macro's are useful, and can take the frustration out of fizzles on important spells. Simply set line 1 to cast, line 2 to pause 1 (time is in tenths of second, so 1 is .1 sec and 10 is 1 second) then line 3 to cast the spell again. If you fizzle, line 3 picks it up immediately and you can even add a third cast, or a party message etc with your other two lines. Good for things like slowing mobs. I'm rambling tho..

3. There is no sprint in EQ1. (At least when I quit live around GoD) You might be thinking of EQ2 or some other mmorpg. I don't think endurance works on this server, if it ever did on live. I used to ask people to "zing me" back on live when I played my warrior, but i don't recall doing that even past level 30 or so. It probably never worked right on live either but IDK.