Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 10:00 PM
Kobold

Default Kunark Lazy Aggro Code

Hi -

Something I have noticed on P99 is that Kunark Lazy Aggro Code is not in effect. When Kunark was released on Live, they implemented code that caused mobs that you had aggro on, but were too far away from, to stop chasing you. You were still on the aggro list, and if you returned to being 'within range', they would again begin chasing you.

I don't have any videos yet but any monks/bards from the era should be able to vouch.
Old 07-10-2015, 03:20 PM
Sarnak

Yes this did happen. I remember hunting brutes in DL with a really long range bow, and if I shot them at extreme range they would get pissed off, raise their arms, and run the other way. If I ran within a certain range of them, the would turn back around and chase me.

Was pretty damn funny.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

It was active in the new zones too, like their tenth expansion. I remember installing eq when it went free to play, getting in trouble and running to the zone line. After years of WoW I assumed when they stopped chasing me that I was safe without zoning. When I went back to try again they immediately came back after me.

I don't have proof except testimony unfortunately. It might be verifiable on live to this day?
Old 07-12-2015, 07:49 AM
Planar Protector

I thought this added long after Kunark
Old 07-22-2015, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

http://www.legacyofsteel.net/Archives/Post/2003-01-11

Quote:
If you're not familiar with aggro and pulling, for a tagged mob to deviate from its normal behavior, be it wandering or static, the person aggro, must be in the chase radius of a mob - this has been the case since RoK, so any sort of fears, for example, about a bard tagging from across the zone and having the mob come solo aren't valid - oh, how I dreamed of getting Trak to the IZ during prime time... but no one levels there anymore and I digress.
Edit: Just saw this old thread.
http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27846

It looks like this was intentionally taken out? Currently you can aggro a skeleton at wizard spires in dreadlands and gate to FV zoneline, just wait for it to path to you.
Last edited by Freakish; 07-22-2015 at 02:43 PM..
Old 07-22-2015, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

I actually used that AA a lot on my bard. Being able to tag a mob while DA and/or invis was huge.

That being said, I seem to recall the chase range being very large. On the Mac server at least, you could tag a mob like Quavonis in PoFire and it would chase you all the way to Castle2 without losing aggro from distance.

The poster was greatly downplaying how OP that ability was though lol. Unlimited range on it made it really dumb.

On live currently however you can lose aggro on mobs very easily through distance.
Old 07-23-2015, 12:38 AM
Planar Protector

This seemed to be a Kunark specific thing (maybe have been implemented other places later), and it's been brought up before.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:22 AM
Fire Giant

I to remember this in frontier mountains. Iit was a death wish leaving a mob sitting their at distance wit you on its hate list, since IF it was social with others they would all hate you too. you could end up with most of the zone hating you , all yow ould see a ton of mobs running at you if you didn't camp out and clear your agro.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 03-12-2017, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

Bump 2 resolve?

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Closed Thread