Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 06:03 PM
Fire Giant

Default Trying to play without stepping on toes here.

So I've spent this weekend in Kurns on my 41 mage trying to acquire a neck for my new wizard (Skull of Torture). No one was selling it in EC as far as I know, and Kurns is labeled as a 10-25 dungeon so I figured I could try and solo it.

Last Friday night I was also in Crushbone on the same mage trying to fill my bags with CB belts/pads to give the same wizard a boost out of the more painful lower levels.

In both instances I've done my best to avoid stepping on the toes of people here. I'm a very non-confrontational and non-competitive person and try not to do things that might be viewed as "douchey". In the case of CB I waited till 1am to start farming belts (and stuck to the castle as even at this hour the outside was being exp'ed on) and in the case of Kurns I stuck to the very bottom of the tunnels thinking no one might be down there, to kill skeletons for a Glowing Skull (and a possible Solist's wand but I'm not holding out hope there lol).

Turns out just now there *was* someone exping down there, and he specifically asked me not to kill any skeletons. I felt bad and tried to leave the place, but a skeleton accidently aggro'ed and I think that pissed him off even after telling him such. He didn't respond and just left himself, and I felt extremely bad.

I'm just kind of wondering what to do. It feels almost impossible to play on this server without stepping on the toes of others here. Does anyone else ever feel...I guess "boxed in" would be the term to use? Most everything worthwhile in the game is camped 24/7, and problems arise even when trying to find the most out of the way places to go.
Old 03-07-2021, 06:31 PM
Fire Giant

neither crushbone or kurns are close to "out of the way places" in the usual sense. they're hotspots for their level range.

The truth is you can sitll get yours without stepping on toes. JUst be respectful of camps. But don't let someone tell you they have claim over every skeleton on the lower level of kurns. Because people can't rightly lay claim to a whole zone as a camp.
Old 03-07-2021, 06:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
neither crushbone or kurns are close to "out of the way places" in the usual sense.
Out of the way in regards to the zone itself. Places like the deep tunnels in Kurns, the castle in CB when it was uncamped that night, and the deeper parts of Blackburrow when I was factioning there on an iksar a while back. Places you don't usually see folks. I do typically make it a point to leave if those places do happen to be exp'ed on though.
Old 03-07-2021, 07:08 PM
Aviak

Its like being at the grocery store. If you both go to grab milk at the same time....you let them get milk then you get milk.
Old 03-07-2021, 08:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambparade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its like being at the grocery store. If you both go to grab milk at the same time....you let them get milk then you get milk.
except in this case if they reached for the milk first they're entitled to prevent you from getting milk for as long as they can keep their eyes open.

PNP needs limitations built into it. Not reasonable that some solo no lifer or premier poopsock guild with shared accounts and clandestine boxers should be able to keep things from other players baed ont he entirely mature claim of "i was here first!"
Last edited by Xer0; 03-07-2021 at 08:34 PM..
Old 03-07-2021, 08:27 PM
Banned

Follow PNP and you will be fine. Accidents happen. Good communication goes a long way.

Enough bs in the real world to worry about silliness here.

Enjoy the game.
Old 03-07-2021, 11:24 PM
Sarnak

Like Seducio said, just enjoy the game. This should be your main reason to log in. If you worry too much over too sensitive players, you will not enjoy. PNP is all you need.

The reason I'm responding is, to give you another suggestion. Have you ever consider Red? If you play lots of solo, it is perfect. Don't worry about actual PvP. I have couple toons in 40's and I didn't experience PvP yet. And just about everything is available. You want Jboots? Go, get the ring, chances are, no one will be there chasing AC. And so on...

Things probably gets different at +50 levels, but until then, it is a nice relaxing game to play. And those players you do meet, they are all polite. That is so far my experience. I got some gear, I got some help... Just today I started new lvl1 toon, and didn't take long someone asked if I'm new player, was going to try to help out.

On Green players can be quite toxic. On Red, players somehow don't really try to offend other players too much. I wonder why... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You may want to give it a consideration.

To be fair, I do have to mention, there is a guild, (Apex) that their members like to attack helpless players, that are leveling up and trying to get their first pieces of gear. But all in all, so far I like Red the best of all three servers. And I do have few toons on each server.

But if you group a lot, then Green is of course much better choice.
Old 03-07-2021, 11:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
L Have you ever consider Red?
lol.

no one plays mmos to play alone.
Old 03-08-2021, 12:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol.

no one plays mmos to play alone.
*gestures to plethora of solo-tuned custom EQ servers on EQEMU*
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 03-08-2021, 01:23 AM
Banned

Yup. Green is overcrowded as F

You spend all this time running to some exp spot (not even your first pick, more like your 4th pick), and it’s camped to hell and back and you just wasted your time. So then you sacrifice your sleep and try to come back late at night and it’s still camped

It’s getting really annoying, I can’t even imagine what it was like on release with 2k people online at a time

I personally started chars on TLP live and will be starting on Blue just because of how bad Green is (I’m not giving up on Green, playing all at once). Do not recommend. Not for solo classes or group classes. You won’t get groups on Green because they are full

Want to solo on green? Better pick the shitty no-money camps that no one wants or else log on to play at 4am

Edit: Green community is actually super nice though. Absolutely no problems with the individuals themselves. Just too crowded
Last edited by unsunghero; 03-08-2021 at 01:31 AM..
Closed Thread