Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 11:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang89 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really thinking its lazy, more like a quality of life thing. You don't mash the melee button so why should rangers mash the RANGE button lol.
Because Rangers should be punished for playing Rangers.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystang89 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really thinking its lazy, more like a quality of life thing. You don't mash the melee button so why should rangers mash the RANGE button lol.
They shouldn't. The DPS sucks, anyway. Just run in and mash auto-attack then AFK like everybody else.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Let me get this for my rogue so I don't have to manually backstab plzzz?

Ugh...why not just watch your friend play or go on Twitch? Same thing.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Well, it's a bit different. The viability of ranged attack sits somewhere between "casting a spell" and "logging off".
Old 06-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Lump this in with bards who want /melody so they can afk to 60 while being grouped [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-03-2015, 12:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Isn't backstab an ability? Ranged attack isn't an ability. I'm not even talking about sitting back and going to sleep on a mob. When I played live I know there are people who did this and you could recognize them and in the future decide to or not to play with them based on their gameplay.
I like to kite. When I kite it shouldn't be any different than a melee attack for tanks. The reason I'm not a fan of just running up to a mob and smashing its face in with whatever I happen to have equipped at the moment is because I'm not melee. If I wanted to be melee I would be a rogue, or tank or SK etc. I'm a ranger because I like being able to control what happens if the mob breaks through the dps and comes for the squishies. At least my roots or even my 1/2 sec of life before it dies might give the squishies time to pull of something miraculous.
There are plenty of ranger skills that are bow dependent. Why use them if you dont use a bow and just run up to the mob and start smashing its face. I can fall asleep doing that in a group just as easy as if I were shooting a bow.
And back to the keybind I found that you can't keybind to the mouse wheel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Still thinking here lol.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Can't you keybind to gamer mouse buttons? I don't have one of those, but I imagine people would if they could.

If you bind ranged attack to a hot key and could automate it, would you?
Old 06-03-2015, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They shouldn't. The DPS sucks, anyway. Just run in and mash auto-attack then AFK like everybody else.
I suggest mystang89 was saying there is auto attack for basic melee swings so why not autofire for ranged.

Agreed on the point you were trying to make though, much of the time I save my kick/slam buttons to hit after a successful taunt rather than mashing them. Not sure which approach is better.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I'm not melee.
Quote:
I'm a ranger
You're playing the wrong game, son. Rangers in EverQuest are not some kind of Arcane Archer. They're a dual-wielding, auto-attacking melee hybrid. This goes back to DND roots, where rangers started with the Two-Weapon Fighting feat.

Rangers are a melee class. Always have been.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Yep, see EQ2 for proper ranged action...or a emu server with a timeline further along.
Closed Thread