Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Default Welcome to everquest, while lvling, quest gear and gear to obtain

I kind of like the response in the last thread. Decided to start a new one.
I am in cloth, and some leather. Few nice items nice people gave to me.

I've found some quest I can do in bb for gear, bloodforge (seems it may take time to get teh full set), and the scarab armor. Not too bad of stuff. Seems to be good till 25ish when I can start to gear myself a little better.

What are some quest I can do to get some good cleric armor while lvling up? So new to the cleric. Maybe we can talk about other classes too, and their gear. I know Rangers get the ivy etched stuff. I know there is some sol ro quest for gear.

Is there any armor sets in certain zones, pre plane armor stuff?
Old 06-02-2015, 03:12 PM
Planar Protector

Probably best to look up which ones u really wanna do:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Class_Race_Quest_List

This good shield => http://wiki.project1999.com/Aegis_of_Life_Quest

If Dwarf, get this:= http://wiki.project1999.com/Brell_Serilis_Symbol_Quests
Old 06-02-2015, 03:15 PM
Kobold

In my opinion I'd just focus on levels esp as a cleric your gear won't matter all that much in the early levels once you get mid twenty there's quite a bit of wis gear that's cheaply attainable once you begin getting decent vendorable drops. It's not as exciting to wait but your time is better spent leveling. Plenty of time to smell the coffee and screw around once you're 30ish
Old 06-02-2015, 03:53 PM
Fire Giant

It's more fun to gear while you level though.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:12 PM
Aviak

I agree that it's nice to have some items, even if they are largely inconsequential, as you level. It's sort of the big speak of modern mmos, except I'd rather not be handed the best loot in the game for handing some dude a letter.

With that said, I craft basic armor on the new characters I play. Either patchwork or cloth. After that, I start looking at quests and minor drops.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Im clad in leather and the scarab armor, and few peices I bought or given.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:11 AM
Planar Protector

Prayer Cloth of Tunare will fall on your levelling path. Take a Bracer of Battle of the orc warlord to the high elf priest in crushbone.

There is a +10m +2 wis/sta (I think) item that drops off goblin shamans in Lake of ill Omen near the Sarnak Courier are which can go in held or neck.

Ivory Bracelet (3 agi 20 mana wrist) is easy enough to acquire in unrest.

Opalline Earrings also come from unrest (2AC 5cha which will help your lull line out).

Dusty Bloodstained gloves (2AC 25 mana) and savant's cap (3AC 3wis) also unrest.

Bloodstained tunic from the knight in unrest...

... yeah basically do a lot of unrest!

Slightly more off track stuff:
Polished Bone Hoops are pretty easy to pick up in Gorge if you are passing through (I think the un-named evil eyes are lvl 17). 10 mana each, so only really worth it if you are passing through anyway.

Skull of J'hentra you can pick up if you are around South Karana/Rathe Mountains zoneline (+20 mana held item). Likewise there are some +wis gloves you can get off the gnolls outside of splitpaw.

Really the best items you can have is AC on your groups tank and Dmg/delay on the melee!

edit: if you don't mind risking your burynai faction you can get an iksar berserker club in kurn's tower.
Last edited by Jimjam; 06-03-2015 at 08:22 AM..
Old 06-06-2015, 06:46 PM
Large Bat

Don't limit yourself to solely plate. A lot of stuff is leather and chain. Ultimately a cleric lives or dies by their manapool. This includes healing and dpsing. The armor is awesome, but not essential at lower levels.

Note the location of a few quests to do and go do them.
Closed Thread