Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 01:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The other thing is, unless you PM us some vulgar obscenity, I can't see you getting banned or suspended. There has been many, many players that have tested my patience that I could of easily justified a suspension, and I know other staff have been in the same situation.
Perma banned by Sirken for sending him a Private message that would not even break forum ToS tho =/
Old 12-03-2018, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for responding Menden.

Believe me, I've been around some of these crazies and interact with some of them quite often for amusement, so I can imagine what gets sent to CSR. I do not envy your job.

Again, I don't mean to say that Staff is unapproachable in reality but that the perception has been such. I'm glad this whole situation is finally being resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 12-03-2018, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonderbeast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me preface this that I genuinely am responding in a spirit of constructive criticism in order to help you see our (the players) perspective.

When you say that you are 'pissed' that you found this from an external website and that no one notified you about it, I don't really think anyone thought you would care, and that the result of doing so would be a perma-ban. Consider the atmosphere players have been under for the past six months to a year.

Awakened was banned for two months (more? it was a really long time) which lead to its death. Shortly after that, Core was banned for another significant portion of time (2 months? 3?). I watched as related forum accounts were banned for negligible reasons, like expressing opinions or frustrations over decisions made - not 'bashing staff'.

I'm a part of neither party above, but I can tell you that this sort of thing creates fear. Even players who 'should have nothing to fear' are afraid of saying GM's names because the heavy handed approach has made you into boogeymen - even though a majority of us have no beef with GM's and appreciate you. We're afraid of getting years of playtime and effort erased in a sweeping ban because someone 'bashed the staff'.

When GM's are set up precedent to be de-facto infallible, you can't blame us (all players) for being afraid to bring even a legitimate criticism of a staff member, especially with such a Senior Guide who has done so much and who has invested so much time into this server. I hope that you can see from our (or maybe just primarily my) perspective that keeping our accounts are more important to us than a GM bending the rules a bit.

btw hi Llandris <3
Unfortunately I also agree with this. I watched alot of things on the forums disappear as well as people up and dropped for simply voicing their opinions, in a place where other people were doing the same.

So I can see why people would be very miffed to not openly post the Dramaganda Manifesto on these forums, as censorship is a big thing here.

btw Hi Menden

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 12-03-2018, 03:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My personal opinion is, when you have evidence that one of us is corrupt or made a bad call, it's only fair to give the Senior Staff a chance to handle it. If for some reason you don't get a response within a couple weeks, do what you will but at least give them a chance. The other thing is, unless you PM us some vulgar obscenity, I can't see you getting banned or suspended. There has been many, many players that have tested my patience that I could of easily justified a suspension, and I know other staff have been in the same situation. In our roles there's accusations of favoritism every god damn day... there's so much you guys don't see. I didn't learn about true crazy till I started volunteering to help run this server. If Rogean would let me, I'd love to have a forum dedicated to "crazies" posts. Much like Maddox's hate mail, so good.
Its hard to trust that sending anything this way is going to do anything but paint a target. After months of people eating bans for the smallest thing,s myself included for saying that it seemed like Core was being targetted, people don't even want to take the slightest chance of saying something against a GM/CSR, out of fear of losing all of their hard work

While I respect the choice to keep Sirken on staff, i find it mind blowing that only 1 of the things that was brought up ended up being found as "true" and i'm sure others feel the same way.

All this does is further add to the mis-trust players have, and the fear of repercussions.
Old 12-03-2018, 03:13 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artaenc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of those things that I keep thinking about is when Alarti was trying to cross Kael for the first time when velious came out and was just legitimately trying to get to WL and accidentally did something with Tormax when it was getting pulled to a zone by a guild and got banned. Alarti is one of those people that we shouldn't lose in the community because of something like that. I don't think he's toxic at all but that's my two copper pieces.
There were like 7 GM/Staff in Kael watching that night. There were plenty of trains. We were all on skype together discussing it as the night went on.

If you think ppl training through kael, is the opportunity to round up some mobs and intentionally add to it with a perfect excuse, you are mistaken.

It was intentional. It was observed by many. We were watching for this behavior specifically, while we waited for attempts on raid targets.

This is exactly why I am not a GM. I would ban you too, for trying to convince us “this was all a mistake” and wasting our time.
Old 12-03-2018, 03:16 PM
Planar Protector

this is a joke

Staff is spineless + there is no one else to take this job, i get it

good news is, hes made plenty of mistakes over the years, all of which are fixable.

...and he should fix all those on top of his punishment
Old 12-03-2018, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbeta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for the update. I agree that anyone who loves the server deserves second chances and the ability to play or help give back. Sirken loved the server and so do I. This post gives me hope that second chances and communication are possible here.

Long live Project 1999
I couldn't have said it any better. I agree 100%.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 12-03-2018, 03:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is a joke

Staff is spineless + there is no one else to take this job, i get it

good news is, hes made plenty of mistakes over the years, all of which are fixable.

...and he should fix all those on top of his punishment
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-03-2018, 03:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would ban you too, for trying to convince us “this was all a mistake” and wasting our time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg banthemall.jpg (101.1 KB, 8 views)
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 12-03-2018, 04:03 PM
Sarnak

You operate a sever and message boards that are full of censorship, where nobody ever gets named or shamed, and all punishments and admin actions are invisible and not to be talked about or discussed.

Where how many GM's/staff have been let go for RMT, cheating, or other shady shit?

I don't really know how anyone can have faith in or believe anything.

But you wonder why you had to read about it on some other website?
Closed Thread