Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

I know my ranger loves to duo with necromancers.

For starters they can Rez! On top and of that I can boost their regen, helping them gather mana to Rez more quickly!

And they love the buffs I can drop in their pets; boosting tanking and dps while they wait for me to recover from dieing!

I thought mages were cool until I got a tolan's bracer.
Old 08-16-2019, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

If you haven’t noticed yet, troxx churns out 60s mostly in KC. So yes, mages will be king there. To those of us who have spent a few hours tops in KC in all of p99, and who prefer soloing with some fun duo/trio mixed in, then necro wins 100% of the time.

IMO mage is best as a farm class at higher levels. Start clearing dungeons and summon WR bags. I’ve heard of people pulling 2-4K an hour this way. If you want to do big dps and be relevant in raids, just play a rogue.
Old 08-16-2019, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Start clearing dungeons and summon WR bags. I’ve heard of people pulling 2-4K an hour this way.
Really doubt 2k+ per hour is a sustainable number.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:21 PM
Sarnak

Can you still do that after they nerfed the ore drops? I figured that method of farming died with that nerf.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you haven’t noticed yet, troxx churns out 60s mostly in KC. So yes, mages will be king there. To those of us who have spent a few hours tops in KC in all of p99, and who prefer soloing with some fun duo/trio mixed in, then necro wins 100% of the time.

IMO mage is best as a farm class at higher levels. Start clearing dungeons and summon WR bags. I’ve heard of people pulling 2-4K an hour this way. If you want to do big dps and be relevant in raids, just play a rogue.
People over estimate or straight up lie about numbers all the time.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People over estimate or straight up lie about numbers all the time.
Not denying this, but don’t underestimate how many people keep their pp farming secrets to themselves.

Someone give me a high level mage account and I’ll gladly test this and split the profits!
Old 08-16-2019, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, I had this sort of thing in my head too.

That's fair I guess. I think we just have different emphases on p99. You compare these classes based on full groups, considering "odd" groups to be the exception not the norm. I consider them in the context that a lot of players spend a lot of time solo, duo, trio, or in "imperfect" full groups, or in well-balanced groups but where SHTF sometimes still in ways the necro can help with but the mage can't.

Like you said, it's your experience with them, so that's fine. I just had a hard time believing that your experience with each of these classes revolved so totally around full groups. Maybe it's just my bias for smaller content. I probably solod my p99 clerics more than most people solo their chanters and necros... lol
My experience has been that necros are fantastically overpowered. Most of the groups I have been in have not been full. The other day a warrior, wizard and I crawled down to ABC and downed a few names on nothing but my heals, cc, pulls, and mez. No other class could have managed this so flawlessly other than torpor shaman.

For the standard “I’m lfg” scenario, ironically of the classes I’ve played this is the hardest to land an invite with. When the invite happens it’s usually to a full group where I’m more or less in dps mode. For that singular purpose, unless charming, the real umph is just lacking.

On the flip side I can usually piece together a duo/trio with most anyone.

I look forward to Demi-lich.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-16-2019, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You have no idea where or how I “churn out” my 60s.

Precisely one of them spent significant time in KC 55+. That one hit 60 in KC soloing basement (paladin).

Troxx bard hit 60 in SG
Bedavir Warrior in paebala DN
Mage and shaman in Seb.
Druid in WW.

I know it’s your generally your style but there’s no need to be an inflammatory hemorrhoid Crede.

Have we even ever played together in game?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-16-2019, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

I finally got a group, MNK/SHM/NEC (and a Paladin after a bit) and after a little faux pas to begin (EEs - 1) we averaged over 1 kill per minute, and that was at the relatively high level Hand/BG camp. Hopefully Crede will not give me a dose of his KC elitism! I do need to get another HS key, though.

Also, I think the point Tecmos and I are trying to make is that 2-4 man groups where Necros shine provide the best loot, the best XP, and by far the most fun. Which is why it continues to baffle me how literally no one wants to group with my poor baby Necro.

P.S. nice to see Troxx is finally cleaning up his signature. Next is a few months in HOT every night . . . .
Old 08-16-2019, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

I LOVE duoing with a necro on my bard, there is so much you can do
Closed Thread