Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 11:29 PM
Sarnak

Default How long on blue until...

The server didn’t feel like a new Eq server ? I keep seeing posts like, oh man it’s going to be so rough... but realistically, how long will it honestly take for people to trivialize all the end game content ?

Curious how long this lasted on blue and what we can expect from green ? I don’t doubt that there will be 50’s within the first few days
Old 09-29-2019, 11:47 PM
Kobold

There will be 50's more quickly than you think, but very very few of them. A few accounts will have multiple people playing them around the clock, and once you get put ahead of the pack there will be some very high xp camps to be had that can really level a character up quickly. Highkeep guards, then nobles, neriak trolls. The couple of toons that lock these camps down first, and who have more than one person playing them, will reach 50 very quickly.

That in no way answers your real question though. Blue felt like a living breathing server up until just a few years ago really. Once the sleeper was awoken, and everyone knew Luclin would never come, blue lost most of its continuous influx of lower level characters. That is when the server finally felt truly trivialized.

Green will move quickly. Even with the commitment, the knowledge level, and the skills honed over 20 years of EQ, and 10 years slow crawling on P99, I will be surprised if green ever really feels "trivialized". It takes a long time to accumulate the kind of assets that have trivialized blue. Longer than the life of green I think.

Unless you are the kind of whiny tool that thinks putting a fungi on a level 1 monk is game breaking triviality. Then that shit will happen 3 days into Kunark.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unless you are the kind of whiny tool that thinks putting a fungi on a level 1 monk is game breaking triviality. Then that shit will happen 3 days into Kunark.
to be fair, I think we can all agree that this (and later cheap velious weapons for all the other melees) is game-breaking triviality, but i don't think many people care that much if there's an iksar soloing next to an exp group. doesn't ruin the vibe and doesn't trivialize "end game content' as OP was asking about.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:53 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
to be fair, I think we can all agree that this (and later cheap velious weapons for all the other melees) is game-breaking triviality
This assumes that one is of the opinion that the leveling process is "the game." I tend more towards the opinion that "the game" starts at max level and the leveling process is just the line to get in the door. It will be a very long time until max level content is trivial, if ever.

From the timeline I have seen Green will dissolve into Blue well before Velious becomes trivial.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

The amount of time blue spent in Kunark is probably the single most deciding factor for what blue became. The disparity in the amount of cleric and rogue epics alone by the time green concludes will be very significant versus what we see on blue.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Soon you guys will find out that its the knowledge and strats that trivialize endgame - not the wealth or gear
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Soon you guys will find out that its the knowledge and strats that trivialize endgame - not the wealth or gear
The more casual player will simply see the endgame has been trivialized and that the characters who've done so are wealthy and well geared. Your knowledge and strats will be indistinguishable to him from cheats and GM favoritism. (And let's face it, the various money-collecting schemes would each and every one have been considered a cheat by Verant back in the day, many such were shut down and players were occasionally punished for exploiting them.)
Old 09-30-2019, 11:53 AM
Banned

Default WoWcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfcell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This assumes that one is of the opinion that the leveling process is "the game." I tend more towards the opinion that "the game" starts at max level and the leveling process is just the line to get in the door.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2019, 11:58 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes and no.

When I say it takes a long time to accumulate assets, I don't just mean gear. I mean people having enough level 60 toons in raiding gear to be parked at fear, yelinak, dain, and Tormax, with every toon bound at ToV. I mean a Doubles mage, a triples mage, a dagarn mage, 2 Doze mages, a mage at every ST golem, a Zlandi mage, 2 Aary mages, a Trak mage, 2 fear tracker bots, a hate tracker bot, a PoM mage, 10 epic'd level 60 guild bot clerics. Enough tanks, and necros and cleric's in the personal accounts of 60-100 players to adjust raid composition on the fly at 2 am on a Wednesday when Vyemm pops, and entire raid force of VP keyed toons that never ever leave so Hosh and PD die within minutes of spawning, even in the middle of a raid in another zone. Every cleric, rogue, shaman, druid, and wizard with an epic by level 50.

That is what a trivial endgame looks like, and I simply don't think that Green will ever have the time to accumulate that level of top heavy glut.

I mean just think how rare warrior epics will be, or bard epics. Green scales have been dropping for like 8 years on P99, white scales for 10, and yet they are both still 500k+ on the open market and costs as much DKP as Vulak loot if you are in a raiding guild. Green will only ever see what, 150, maybe 200 white scales? And that's counting the one that drops the day before the servers merge.

Sometime inspect a truly old P99 raiding main. The best geared players on the server are still not even full BiS and they have been raiding weekly for nearly a decade. Green will never have the time to trivialize.
Last edited by Halfcell; 09-30-2019 at 12:11 PM..
Old 09-30-2019, 12:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Yes and no.

When I say it takes a long time to accumulate assets, I don't mean gear. I mean people having enough level 60 toons in raiding gear to be parked at fear, yelinak, dain, and Tormax, with every toon bound at ToV. I mean a Doubles mage, a triples mage, a dagarn mage, 2 Doze mages, a mage at every ST golem, a Zlandi mage, 2 Aary mages, a Trak mage, 2 fear tracker bots, a hate tracker bot, a PoM mage, 10 epic'd level 60 guild bot clerics. Enough tanks, and necros and cleric's in the personal accounts of 60-100 players to adjust raid composition on the fly at 2 am on a Wednesday when Vyemm pops, and entire raid force of VP keyed toons that never ever leave so Hosh and PD die within minutes of spawning, even in the middle of a raid in another zone.

That is what a trivial endgame looks like, and I simply don't think that Green will ever have the time to accumulate that level of top heavy glut.

omg. is that what blue looks like at this point? lol
Closed Thread