Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 12:09 AM
Banned

Another absolutely blinding scout roll, a guildy's laptop is screwing up because of this godforsaken lightning as well. If you can't fix it quickly at least let us turn it off in the meantime ffs.

The silence is getting absurd at this point.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another absolutely blinding scout roll, a guildy's laptop is screwing up because of this godforsaken lightning as well. If you can't fix it quickly at least let us turn it off in the meantime ffs.

The silence is getting absurd at this point.
Well, when they see server totals exceeding two grand during prime time, perhaps they figure players are content with these lighting effects and are in no hurry to "fix" it for a dead beta server.

For me, the lighting is not as bad as how the whole clip plane needs to be destroyed to apparently get it to work. While graphics are not the be all, end all, for me, the game play suffers.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:29 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlrose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, when they see server totals exceeding two grand during prime time, perhaps they figure players are content with these lighting effects and are in no hurry to "fix" it for a dead beta server.

For me, the lighting is not as bad as how the whole clip plane needs to be destroyed to apparently get it to work. While graphics are not the be all, end all, for me, the game play suffers.
Given some issues from Green such as Temple of ro quest items dropping and problems with mage spells I'm not sure how much they care about green/teal either.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Given some issues from Green such as Temple of ro quest items dropping and problems with mage spells I'm not sure how much they care about green/teal either.
the humanity!
Old 11-25-2019, 12:36 AM
Aviak

The tunnel makes my eyes burn like I am starting at a thousand sun's.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:18 AM
Large Rat

Adding my support to this thread, game looks and plays significantly worse. In Snow zones i can hardly even see anyone's names on Target because they are the same color as the blinding floor of snow.

Can't play on my older laptop to do tunnelquesting because i barely get 5 FPS.

Can't take people to kill things in Icewell Keep because they lag the hell out and can't tank properly.

I could be wrong but i'm pretty sure 'Advanced Lighting' is not a Classic option, why hack it to try and poorly emulate classic lighting and then force it on for all servers?

Please stop forcing this broken lighting on! The Devs have always made surgical changes to p99 that made things more classic without hurting the game, so eventually people could learn to deal with them and even appreciate them. But this was not a change that fits that philosophy and i don't understand why it's still in the game.

Tobby
Old 11-25-2019, 02:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axlrose [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

No players are content. People play EQ in spite of all these terrible things not because of them.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Its so they can enforce classic night blindness but sadly it makes whites far too blinding. Poorly implemented like the z axis changes that broke more things than it fixed
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its so they can enforce classic night blindness but sadly it makes whites far too blinding. Poorly implemented like the z axis changes that broke more things than it fixed
It did make things easy to break the addiction and walk away to play other games. I just check back every 2-3 weeks now to see if mediocrity is still being embraced by the powers that be.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
CLAP.
Closed Thread