Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

Default Got Questions About When _____ Is Coming to Green?

Hey All,

I just wanted to mention that I added a new patch notes page to the wiki:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes

I'm not sure that it's 100% comprehensive, but I did go through Allakhazam and then also copy a ton of other patch notes from another site. I'm certain Nilbog's personal version is much better, but still this one should be good enough for our purposes.

I also added templates you can use to mark up the "relevant" notes from the rest. There's all sorts of stuff about fan faires and sound card support that's fun to keep, but won't impact Green, and I wanted a way that we could indicate "this part of these notes matters to P99". If you want to mark something as relevant, just add {{Relevant}} in front and {{End}} at the end. Also please feel free to edit and help format it, as a lot of notes haven't been wiki-formatted yet.

If we can get enough of the page marked up using the template I'll add a checkbox or something to hide the not-relevant parts.

Enjoy.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

lol nice work!

before you start going and deleting what isnt relevant to green, please let me make sure to branch this so we can use this template to start a "complete" patch guide, I really want there to be on on our wiki, because green is a moment in time, it is going to go away, so im more worrieda bout the authentic classic timeline, than green's rules when it comes to these patch notes!

Question did you get all this from that casters realm link?
Last edited by Jibartik; 09-20-2019 at 10:11 PM..
Old 09-20-2019, 10:06 PM
Sarnak

Do yall know when the tunare symbol quests are coming
Old 09-20-2019, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

Wait maybe I missunderstood, are you talking about figuring out a way to filter out the fan fair and other editorial stuff, in one patch timeline? Because that would be awesome!
Old 09-20-2019, 10:59 PM
Planar Protector

Some Hot Dates:
Everquest Launch Date March 16th 1999

Paineel opens its gates Feb 17th 2000 338 days after launch
Terror Forged Mask Nerf April 10th 2000, 53 days after Paineel.

I know a few people that have been wondering about that one.

Sept 13th 1999 is potentially one of the most important dates that these patch notes uncovered: A bug in some of the AoE code has been fixed. AoE spells will now effect more monsters. 5 months 23 days, aoe.. hits 4 mobs only [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's also the date that dots began to do 66% less damage to mobs while running [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] And when (totally irrelevant to green but to anyone who played on rallos zek) pvp balancing occurred which was a huge deal at the time. RIP charming and fearing other players, my favorite pass time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

October 13, 1999
, 211 days after launch, the Journeyman Boots no longer dropped in Najina and became a quest. Sol Ro Opened its Iron Doors. Rubi (this is the big one)

Just noticed some things we gotta do some digging on, is there no mention of fear planes first patch in these notes?

according to this thread from long ago, it says July 27th 1999 133 days (4 months) after launch, would be fear planes public launch https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ht=staff+wheel Which is an important date for these big features:

Fear plane
Rend
Staff of the Wheel (star of eyes)
and very disappointingly to a lot of folks, the introduction of the Greater Light stone Quest in North Karana and South Ro (Wom womp) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-21-2019, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait maybe I missunderstood, are you talking about figuring out a way to filter out the fan fair and other editorial stuff, in one patch timeline? Because that would be awesome!
Yes exactly. There's no point in adding it now, but if someone uses the {{Significant}} and {{End}} bits to mark the parts that are significant, it will be easy to add a checkbox at the top that says "Only show P99-relevant parts", or something like that.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-21-2019, 06:38 AM
Sarnak

So we have 211 days to get Jboots and such (probably Guise, Manastone, Rubicite too?). That's plenty of time to level up.

As for 4 mob limit - that's not bad if it's full DoT damage. Faster kills, and safer too. Just no "kite-a-pack-per-level" scenerios.

PS - looks like no /filter for first little while either! Lol.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PS - looks like no /filter for first little while either! Lol.
Well, this is another reason why I want to use those {{Relevant}} and {{End}} templates. I really think there's going to be a lot of things in the patch notes that will be so minor, Nilbog won't bother "breaking and then re-fixing them", just so that they can be broken on Green for a couple months. /filter is a great example: it may just work from day one here, or the patch note may be applicable.

The sections I've marked so far are just my guesses: we won't truly know which parts are relevant until Nilbog tells us in Green patch notes.

Old 09-21-2019, 11:29 AM
Sarnak

Lots of good info there.

I didn't realize that swarming wasn't a thing for almost 6 months after launch. That should make things a lot more balanced for the start of green.

Also didn't know about DoT camping update. Feb 17th 2000 "DOT (Damage Over Time) spells will no longer hinder camping."

Or that necro FD has a time limit. "The "Feign Death" spell, when cast by a Necromancer, will now have a fixed duration. The Necromancer will receive several warnings prior to the spell wearing off. "

Or that Plane of Hate had a teleporter? "A teleporter has been placed within the Plane of Hate in order to give non-casters a way out of the zone besides death, potion, or group teleport."
Old 09-21-2019, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbstractVision [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or that Plane of Hate had a teleporter? "A teleporter has been placed within the Plane of Hate in order to give non-casters a way out of the zone besides death, potion, or group teleport."
I remember discussion about this years ago for P99. My recollection is that they decided not to implement it on here because hardly anyone used it, to the point where it may have been broken/nonfunctional/not actually there. Even if the P99 staff wanted to add it I'm not sure they have any idea where to put it or how to make it work since it's not a conventional zone-out and there's no obvious place in the hateplane zone geometry.

Danth
Closed Thread