Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 06:02 PM
Fire Giant

A few things missing.

IB raided with Europa for a while, eventually merging and changing name to Transatlantic Rampage.

For 2-3 months (I think?) before Kunark dropped, Vesica Dei raided with DA versus IB/TR.

At Kunark release, all raiding stopped during the gold rush. The DA/VD alliance explicitly ended at Kunark drop, as VD chose not to merge. DA guild leader did want to merge, and merged the guild into TMO, creating the TMO of Kunark era. In early Kunark it was TR vs TMO; TR allied with VD but eventually left for EQ Mac. VD eventually folded and most of it merged into BDA; BDA initially used this influx of raid toons to compete with TMO and had some initial successes but wore down quickly, leading to aforementioned split to FE. FE had intermittent/moderate success versus TMO, bolstered initially by some returning IB/TR members.

IB re-formed on the server and began fielding more players for joint raids with FE. At a certain point IB wanted to be in charge and FE was about to merge into IB but the idea was floated of a merge to TMO instead. That merge helped revive a TMO that had gotten a bit stagnant on the lack of new endgame content.

I was at fault for the VD security breach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

It took me awhile, and I'm still not done, but I have a good chunk of the history "wikified" (up to the class system).

I did my best to merge everyone's accounts, but feel free to correct anything I got wrong (it's a wiki!)

http://wiki.project1999.com/Raid_History

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:48 PM
Fire Giant

The froovy ban incident, which basically killed a ton of tmo guild leadership accounts and banks, tied with IB reemergence was a key plot line that has been missed in this history.

Blue: Dolic - 60 Bard / Dolik- 60 Monk / Mazzarin - 60 Wizard / Fael 60 Necro / Kaylen - 60 Paladin
Old 10-11-2019, 10:19 PM
Fire Giant

I was in the Dark Ascension guild the day it first started, as my first guild on the server, when we were heavily competing with the resurgence of IB. Those days were just some of the most fun. Lots of poopsocking and afk camping raid spawns but we actually communicated pretty well with the competing guild i think.

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 10-11-2019, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The froovy ban incident, which basically killed a ton of tmo guild leadership accounts and banks, tied with IB reemergence was a key plot line that has been missed in this history.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-11-2019, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol
Old 10-11-2019, 10:37 PM
Fire Giant

lol.

Blue: Dolic - 60 Bard / Dolik- 60 Monk / Mazzarin - 60 Wizard / Fael 60 Necro / Kaylen - 60 Paladin
Old 10-12-2019, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
VD eventually folded and most of it merged into BDA; BDA initially used this influx of raid toons to compete with TMO and had some initial successes
This is a huge over embellishment, maybe you call completing shaman epics and shadow knight epics a success but bda only killed anything while TMO was raid suspended and rarely got an Innoruk.
Old 10-12-2019, 01:57 PM
Sarnak

The order of events is pretty bad on the wiki post, I can't comment on the timeline for classic p99, but Kunark went something like this.

1. TR dominates, VP delayed.
2. TMO begins to gain foothold as IB burns out.
3. VP released GM enforced "rotation". (The Amelinda cookie fiasco is going on around this time fueling speculation that she was heavily favoring TMO in raid disputes, this was later confirmed by TMO members.)
4. TR leaves P99 to go to EQMac
5. TMO dominates.
6. TR returns as IB, and allies with FE for a time to compete. (These two guilds never merge.)
7. TMO gets hit with mass ban wave aka froovygate, Zeelot and company leave server.
8. FE merges with TMO, FE members Unbrella and Corova start to take over TMO.
9. IB, and TMO compete somewhat evenly for a year or so.
10. IB leader Getsome goes fishing, Hokushin merges IB with A-team to create Rampage.
11. TMO starts to struggle, Rampage starts to dominate.
12. TMO name changes to Forsaken, tries to join casual raid scene for a week, gets suspended for it.

Velious launches

1. Rampage dominates.
2. Forsaken teams up with Asgard, and Taken to form the FAT alliance.
3. Taken leaves the FAT alliance, and allies with Rampage.
4. Rampage wakes the sleeper and the majority of leadership quit p99, remnants of Rampage merge with Taken as Awakened under Taken leadership.
5. Forsaken merges with Asgard to form Aftermath. (These guilds had been actively raiding with each other for over half a year at this point.)
6. A/A battle pretty evenly
7. Awakened steals grill from GM, GM starts suspending Awakened.
8. Awakened changes leadership, reforms as Tempest under Bellringer, and Flick.
9. Some players don't like new leadership form seperate guild called Core.
10. Tempest struggles, AM dominates.
11. Tempest dies, dragons get rooted.
12. Casual guilds merge to form Riot and compete on rooted dragons.
13. AM struggles, as Riot begins to dominate.

Also you keep calling TMO The Mystic Order, they were The Mystical Order.
Old 10-12-2019, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The order of events is pretty bad on the wiki post, I can't comment on the timeline for classic p99, but Kunark went something like this.

1. TR dominates, VP delayed.
2. TMO begins to gain foothold as IB burns out.
3. VP released GM enforced "rotation". (The Amelinda cookie fiasco is going on around this time fueling speculation that she was heavily favoring TMO in raid disputes, this was later confirmed by TMO members.)
4. TR leaves P99 to go to EQMac
5. TMO dominates.
6. TR returns as IB, and allies with FE for a time to compete. (These two guilds never merge.)
7. TMO gets hit with mass ban wave aka froovygate, Zeelot and company leave server.
8. FE merges with TMO, FE members Unbrella and Corova start to take over TMO.
9. IB, and TMO compete somewhat evenly for a year or so.
10. IB leader Getsome goes fishing, Hokushin merges IB with A-team to create Rampage.
11. TMO starts to struggle, Rampage starts to dominate.
12. TMO name changes to Forsaken, tries to join casual raid scene for a week, gets suspended for it.

Velious launches

1. Rampage dominates.
2. Forsaken teams up with Asgard, and Taken to form the FAT alliance.
3. Taken leaves the FAT alliance, and allies with Rampage.
4. Rampage wakes the sleeper and the majority of leadership quit p99, remnants of Rampage merge with Taken as Awakened under Taken leadership.
5. Forsaken merges with Asgard to form Aftermath. (These guilds had been actively raiding with each other for over half a year at this point.)
6. A/A battle pretty evenly
7. Awakened steals grill from GM, GM starts suspending Awakened.
8. Awakened changes leadership, reforms as Tempest under Bellringer, and Flick.
9. Some players don't like new leadership form seperate guild called Core.
10. Tempest struggles, AM dominates.
11. Tempest dies, dragons get rooted.
12. Casual guilds merge to form Riot and compete on rooted dragons.
13. AM struggles, as Riot begins to dominate.

Also you keep calling TMO The Mystic Order, they were The Mystical Order.
Thanks for this: when combining multiple accounts, none of which have any specific chronology (it's not like anyone ever says "and then back in June of 2014 ...") it can be hard to tease out what came after what. But at the same time, to make a halfway-readable page it can't just be disjointed events, it has to feel like a (hi)story, so that ordering helps a lot.

I will revamp the earlier stuff (and get through Velious) when I have time.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread