Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2020, 11:11 AM
Kobold

You can't expect ppl to ask for a little, you basically have to expect them to ask for a lot.. Firstly, it's people we're talking about, secondly, it's a fairly early period of time for the game, and things that are considered good now, and not the best perhaps later, are top tier non-lores for now, and will yeild big money, regardless.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:02 PM
Banned

I really wonder if the OP is high enough level to get in a group to farm the Mith 2h?

Money comes like a J-curve as you level. When you're lvl 45+, money pours in a lot easier through higher lvl mobs who drop more money and access to drops that fetch a higher price.

If you're in your 20s or 30s and can't afford stuff that people that are 10-30 levels higher than kill, then I don't know what to say to you other than you have entitlement issues and need to realize that the server is 2 months old and on live/classic, no one had shit for the first several months.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:20 PM
Kobold

The comments here are all over the place. I'll bite my tongue on the elementary understanding of economics that people on a video game forum have, but I am not being entitled and this thread is not about a mith 2hander. The item was used as an example to show the ridiculous disparity between asking price and offer which yields no sales. I actually dont give a damn about a mith 2hander. The point is nobody is buying for 20k and nobody is selling for 8k. This is why I am saying the economy sucks. Back in the day for example an FBSS was 8 to 10k. The item actually sold for 8k by people trying to dump quickly and 10k to people who were desperate to buy quickly. It was a reasonable range. 8 to 20k for a mith 2h is not a reasonable range.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:33 PM
Kobold

All MMO economic problems are because servers are essentially using fiat currency; it is created out of nothing by the game. Clearly what is needed, what will solve all economic problems is if we went back to the gold standard. Only X # of each type of coin can be in existence at any time, and only when a coin is spent at a vendor or trainer can a new one spawn on a mob corpse. For more details please send tells to my alt Ronpaulforprez the gnome wizard.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydgun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The comments here are all over the place. I'll bite my tongue on the elementary understanding of economics that people on a video game forum have, but I am not being entitled and this thread is not about a mith 2hander. The item was used as an example to show the ridiculous disparity between asking price and offer which yields no sales. I actually dont give a damn about a mith 2hander. The point is nobody is buying for 20k and nobody is selling for 8k. This is why I am saying the economy sucks. Back in the day for example an FBSS was 8 to 10k. The item actually sold for 8k by people trying to dump quickly and 10k to people who were desperate to buy quickly. It was a reasonable range. 8 to 20k for a mith 2h is not a reasonable range.
Give it time man. The server has been around for like 3 months so things are still developing as items and plat make it into the economy and things settle. Plus you also have the recent merge with Teal, which throws things out of whack a bit as people used to one economy now get used to the combined version. Fresh servers take awhile to really settle into the type of consistency you're describing (Blue did too).
Old 01-27-2020, 05:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommydgun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, if that's your point, then your conclusion is wrong. The title of your thread shouldn't be "the economy is fucked" because it isnt. I've made a ton of plat farming things and I not only move stuff easily (definition of a healthy economy), but I feel I get a fair price and that includes low, mid, and higher end stuff. The title should be, "some people in EC are freaking ridiculous." Those two things are mutually exclusive.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:05 PM
Kobold

It's not just that it is fiat money and all MMO economies are definitely not the same, not even close. For starters EQ has no plat sink really of any global significance. But the inflation doesnt really occur on all items it is very selective. My conclusion is fine. The economy currently sucks. Items aren't selling especially at the high end. You can tell because the same people are selling the same items at the same prices for days or weeks and if you ever call them out on it they say, "LOL IVE SOLD TWO BAGS FULL THIS WEEK" or something asinine.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:28 PM
Kobold

And by asinine you mean relevant to the discussion? I don't think you know what that word means. Selling stuff at a set price and selling those items at that price (or a bit lower due to haggling) is how an economy is supposed to work. I'm not quite sure what our whine is about.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
It's not just that it is fiat money and all MMO economies are definitely not the same, not even close. For starters EQ has no plat sink really of any global significance.
^
This is true. Some games are able to control inflation by built-in mechanisms to remove large swaths of currency in the game. If anyone has played the Elder Scrolls Online, trading spots in that game are auctioned off weekly for player guilds to bid over. To get a choice trading location in the game, guilds would spend exorbitant sums of money to acquire. This removes that much currency from the game, and the market can stay at an equilibrium. EQ has never had this, and it's why servers that have been up for a long time (ex. Firiona Vie on live) have high-end items going for 12-15 million platinum.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Dude wants to buy the best DPS weapon in the game, and best twinking item in the game for like 8 months, one that doesn't even require getting another 20K+ FBSS. Dude is a cheap and bad, prolly from teal who missed his chance to buy from the idiots on that sever who had no idea he value of anything in vanilla.
Closed Thread