Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 08:03 PM
Aviak

Default Bonethunder Staff Quest working on teal/blue?

I have all the pieces for the turn in for the Bonethunder staff quest.

Both the Thunder staff and the Bayle list 2 from Mammoth in surefall.

I have warmly faction with the knights of thunder but Runethar Hamest isn't giving me and dialogs and I am afraid he will swallow my items.

I was wondering if anyone has done this quest on teal/green?

I checked the wiki and some other sources but they say I may need ally faction but to my understanding ally faction isn't in the game yet.

I am a an Erudite Cleric worshiping Prexus.
Last edited by Lambparade; 01-26-2020 at 08:16 PM..
Old 01-27-2020, 02:25 AM
Planar Protector

Since the wiki says it requires ally faction you may have to be maxed out even though he already cons warmly to you. Seems odd a "classic" quest would require ally - may be worth a bug report if you can't raise the faction any higher.

-Mcoy
Old 01-27-2020, 03:00 PM
Orc

I'm working on this as well, I don't think I quite have the faction for it yet, or at least I can't get the dialog. I'm a Rodcet Nife worshiping Cleric, but he's on the Karana faction so I think I still need some more faction.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:09 PM
Large Rat

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...3&p=2#comments

July 12th, 2000
Quote:
I am a very loyal Knight of Thunder and seek this staff merely as a trophy of achievement and for a little RP. I have warmly faction at 12 and have turned in about 50 sashes and still Runethar claims that I haven't proven myself worthy of returning the list yet.
January 15th, 2001
Quote:
I have heard that faction must be high warmly. I was warmly, but the honorable Runthar was kind enough to give me the entire quest.
April 13th, 2001
Quote:
I am a 26th lvl HE Palidan. I am warmly faction to Knights of Thunder and I still can not get Runethar Hamefist to provide me with the Bayle List. Everytime I state that I will retrieve the Bayle list, I receive a message that I have not proven myself worthy. I have spent 4 days getting my faction up this high with them and still no go. I have completed the Thunder Staff quest, yet I can not get the rest of the quest from Runethar. I will go kill more bandits this weekend and see if I can get High Warmly with the KoT.
There were two versions of this weapon. The first version only had one charge of Ward Undead.

June 30th, 2000
Quote:
The Bonethunder staff is 9d 2hbash 3wis, if i remember right. Pal, Clr only. Comes with *1* charge of ward undead... and to recharge it, you have to pay 500 gold. that's 50 plat, for a spell that the only classes that can use it get as part of their first set.
Do this quest if you need the faction... otherwise pass it up.
October 9th, 2000
Quote:
Bonethunder Staff has since been changed:) 3 patches ago (mid september) it was fixed thanks to all the support behind the woodwork petition!:D

The BTS now PROCS Ward Undead!:D

Just goes to prove that verant will listen to it's customers if they complain enough!;D
Also as of April 2015, the faction hits are possibly reversed on live servers and weren't corrected.

Faction hits on September 2012
Quote:
[Fri Sep 28 14:01:45 2012] Runethar Hamest says 'I thank you, but before I reward you I must have both the Bayle List II and your Thunder Staff.'
[Fri Sep 28 14:01:52 2012] Runethar Hamest says 'Antonius Bayle will be pleased. The Temple is also pleased. Here is the enchanted staff we call Bonethunder. Should you find the enchantment gone, just ask Kasine to [enchant Bonethunder]. We need more disciples like you! Go forth to tell the world of the Rainkeeper.'
[Fri Sep 28 14:01:52 2012] Your faction standing with Knights of Thunder got worse.
[Fri Sep 28 14:01:52 2012] Your faction standing with Bloodsabers got better.
[Fri Sep 28 14:01:52 2012] Your faction standing with Priests of Life got worse.
[Fri Sep 28 14:01:52 2012] Your faction standing with Guards of Qeynos got worse.
[Fri Sep 28 14:01:53 2012] You gain experience!!
Faction hits April 2015
Quote:
[Wed Apr 08 19:28:44 2015] Runethar Hamest says 'I thank you, but before I reward you I must have both the Bayle List II and your Thunder Staff.'
[Wed Apr 08 19:28:44 2015] Runethar Hamest says 'Antonius Bayle will be pleased. The Temple is also pleased. Here is the enchanted staff we call Bonethunder. Should you find the enchantment gone, just ask Kasine to [enchant Bonethunder]. We need more disciples like you! Go forth to tell the world of the Rainkeeper.'
[Wed Apr 08 19:28:44 2015] Your faction standing with Knights of Thunder has been adjusted by -50.
[Wed Apr 08 19:28:44 2015] Your faction standing with Bloodsabers has been adjusted by 50.
[Wed Apr 08 19:28:44 2015] Your faction standing with Priests of Life has been adjusted by -37.
[Wed Apr 08 19:28:44 2015] Your faction standing with Guards of Qeynos has been adjusted by -37.
[Wed Apr 08 19:28:44 2015] You gain experience!!
Old 01-27-2020, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithrak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...3&p=2#comments

July 12th, 2000

January 15th, 2001

April 13th, 2001

There were two versions of this weapon. The first version only had one charge of Ward Undead.

June 30th, 2000

October 9th, 2000

Also as of April 2015, the faction hits are possibly reversed on live servers and weren't corrected.

Faction hits on September 2012

Faction hits April 2015
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-02-2020, 07:26 PM
Orc

Anyone able to confirm if this quest is in the game? I'm Kindly faction and I don't have any kind of quest prompt when I hail him. I'm not brave enough to hand in my items without some kind of confirmation that this quest is in the game.
Old 02-03-2020, 01:11 PM
Decaying Skeleton

One of our brothers is using it. It works.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:22 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone able to confirm if this quest is in the game? I'm Kindly faction and I don't have any kind of quest prompt when I hail him. I'm not brave enough to hand in my items without some kind of confirmation that this quest is in the game.
I'm sure it is. I helped two different clerics with Mammoth during my time in Surefall camping the druid/ranger, and one of them linked the staff to me after they were done.
Old 02-03-2020, 04:34 PM
Sarnak

Can confirm... was a lvl 10 cleric in my group using it 2nd week of launch on green.
Old 02-10-2020, 11:40 PM
Orc

I've maxed faction with these (and many others on my quest to get this)

Antonius Bayle
Circle Of Unseen Hands
Coalition of Tradefolk
Corrupt Qeynos Guards
Guards of Qeynos
Kane Bayle
Knights of Thunder
Merchants of Qeynos
Priests of Life

I've even kept my Bloodsabers faction positive too.

He still won't give the quest. I have the Thunderstaff and Regurgitonic. I was waiting to see him offer the quest before visiting Mammoth.

Is the quest diety specific? There is no mention that it is only for Karana worshippers only. I'm a Human Inny Cleric. Am I SoL? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread