Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 07:47 AM
Planar Protector

Until the next patch tstaff without offhan unequip trick is a bit better than epic/epic and a bit worse than epic/SoS sustained over time. The proc can stun for up to 2 full tick though which is a boon for you when soloing and for the tank when grouping. If you tank for your group ever it also makes aggro a whole lot easier and fewer ripostes.

If you unequip to get offhand hits, it's better dps.

After next patch, Tstaff will beat epic/SoS. Tstaff will generate more damage bonus than epic mainhand. Dmg bonus will be well more than double 1hander dmg bonus and at 30 delay it will be applied at just under half the speed. Factor in triple attack at 60 and it'll be no contest.

To answer your question ... Best buyable raw dps without the hassle of offhand trick is epic/sos. Tstaff has very similar performance with the proc utility. After chardok patch its Tstaff all the way.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 07-30-2018 at 07:50 AM..
Old 07-30-2018, 08:02 AM
Banned

I thought triple attack was already implemented?
Old 07-30-2018, 08:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so stfu or leave constructive comments?
so sit on your ass and be bad cause you do not want to discover what works first hand.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respecter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought triple attack was already implemented?
Warriors get it at 60 innate.

My understanding is that monk 60 triple attack goes in with chardok patch along with new dmg tables for monks at 55 and then again at 60 and the revamp to dmg bonuses on 2handers.

Old 07-30-2018, 11:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
everywhere i see people say epic first + 1hb dual wield outdps 2hb (such as tstaff), and tstaff is only good for solo/tank because of riposte and aggro proc

my question is, if epic dual wield outdps tstaff why would i use tstaff to solo? i know i take less damage with 2hb but i also deal much less dmg, throwing in the random chance of riposte happening (is it even frequent enough to make up for the dps difference?) - seem like epic dual wield soloing is probably more efficient?

so does tstaff come down to aggro element only? it is only good when you need to tank in a group?
Those people don’t know how to weaponswap properly or are just ignorant. Follow the advice of my first post.
You will do more damage weaponswapping a runed fighter staff or tranquil staff at 60 than you will with epic & a staff of shielding.
This gap will widen farther when damage bonuses on 2 handed weapons increase and triple attack is added.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
agree - the point is that there is randomness (also low frequency) of tstaff proc and 2hb riposte, and it may not justify tstaff as the go-to weapon when soloing
Oh, yeah, I've gone multiple fights without a proc, then I'll get 4 on the next mob. Even if Tstaff may technically be better, I feel like more consistency is better. Two handers are too streaky for me. I don't like relying on procs or slower but heavier hits.

We'll see what changes when/if chardok 2.0 comes out, I suppose.
Old 07-30-2018, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetrick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those people don’t know how to weaponswap properly or are just ignorant. Follow the advice of my first post.
You will do more damage weaponswapping a runed fighter staff or tranquil staff at 60 than you will with epic & a staff of shielding.
This gap will widen farther when damage bonuses on 2 handed weapons increase and triple attack is added.
Is there a weaponswapping guide out there you'd recommend?
Old 07-30-2018, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh, yeah, I've gone multiple fights without a proc, then I'll get 4 on the next mob. Even if Tstaff may technically be better, I feel like more consistency is better. Two handers are too streaky for me. I don't like relying on procs or slower but heavier hits.

We'll see what changes when/if chardok 2.0 comes out, I suppose.
^

Fails at math

Old 07-30-2018, 04:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^

Fails at math

Dropped out, not failed.

And, I mean, I said earlier that I had no reliable hard data. Right now I can only go by what feels best to me and how long it takes to heal between fights.
Last edited by Bummey; 07-30-2018 at 04:17 PM..
Old 08-01-2018, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

SoD
Closed Thread