Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Hi there, new player

Considering playing at least, I missed playing Everquest back in the day and now that i'm a bit older I decided I may want to give it a shot. I had a friend that played on Xegony quite a lot of years ago when level cap was only 65 and pre mana burn nerf (watched him and another mage*think he was a mage anyway!* friend of his mana burning dragons to death a very long time ago, pretty sure that's what they were doing at least)

So! on with the newbie questions [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As I understand it classic Everquest was indeed hard to get into because it didn't hold your hand like modern mmo's do, no maps from what I remember and quite long leveling times. What class would you guys recommend to someone that's completely alien to Everquest? by alien I mean I don't know macros I don't know common lingo etc.

Appreciate it

p.s Hi btw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Sarnak

Welcome!

Check out the newbie guide on the wiki. You will also find great guides, and helpful information. Look through the many class descriptions to determine which you may enjoy most. Some classes are indeed tougher to start with than others, but if you are enjoying yourself that doesn't matter. Link -> http://wiki.project1999.com

Leveling is a long process, and the game will not hold your hand. Players are very helpful, and there are often plenty of leveling groups. Follow maps on the wiki to find your way to East Commonlands at some point. This is the trading hub, as well as an early leveling zone. Many helpful players for buffs, and freebies.

When I was starting out I would often study the wiki during downtime. It was very enjoyable for me, and was a tool that allowed me to get ahead with a lot less confusion/frustration!
Old 11-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome.
Most folks recommend druid as a first char.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:16 PM
Kobold

The first question I have is, are you playing with your friend? Because a duo class to start with is much different than a single first class.

If it is you going out into Norrath for the first time alone, I too would agree druid as it is very versitile and not overly complicated. Plus you can make some extra cash on the side post lvl 29.
Closed Thread