Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

Note about the method in wiki:

If you strafe run at a diagonal mobs can not hit you. Do the circles but when you're applying dots come in closer at a stafe angle. Takes practice but I found it was safer.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Kobold

i never could figure out how to kite that much shit without getting the shit beat out of me, even after practicing for a couple days and following the instructions word for word. it made me sad and i just quit playing my newbie bard.

i am an eq noob
Old 01-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Fire Giant

If not being able to kite zones is going to keep you from playing a bard, you probably wouldn't enjoy playing a bard in the first place.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Kobold

i know kiting is only one facet of playing a bard, of course. it was just the idea of it excited me so damn much that when i couldn't manage it i just got discouraged as shit, QQ'd irl and gave up on the guy.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:12 PM
Sarnak

skull - if you hold down right mouse button and hold forward/right or forward/left you can run at a strafing diagonal angle. If you pan your camera while doing this you can run at a diagonal angle at an angle. This is the core of aoe kiting. Swing around in a circle and hit your AoE dot. Wait until the cast bar gets close to finishing then come in swing in close for the kill. It helps to play around with your camera (i play in 3rd person static, two? views after 1st person) to get it so you know you are close enough for the dot to land.

Practice with a low level mob somewhere. Remember also that this technique does not work with larger mobs. You also need a pretty good reliable connection since you can't have any lag.

Good luck
Old 01-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_savage1982 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
skull - if you hold down right mouse button and hold forward/right or forward/left you can run at a strafing diagonal angle. If you pan your camera while doing this you can run at a diagonal angle at an angle. This is the core of aoe kiting. Swing around in a circle and hit your AoE dot. Wait until the cast bar gets close to finishing then come in swing in close for the kill. It helps to play around with your camera (i play in 3rd person static, two? views after 1st person) to get it so you know you are close enough for the dot to land.
Hmm interesting. I never did the strafe run to kite, I just ran normally. Do other people do this?

Also I hold the current p99 record for one kite. 28 mobs all were DB and red at the time. Someone should beat this -

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:36 AM
Sarnak

Damn I forgot to take a picture when I did a kite that big in SK. NObody was in zone and a bunch of chargers and avocets were up. I must have gotten 35-40 mobs
Old 01-20-2011, 07:39 AM
Sarnak

I've done the straight running method and it works fine, I just find it easier to strafe run it because it guarantees distance is kept.

I've also been experimenting with larger mobs and if your timing is absolutely perfect the strafe run method will work on them. Hello seafury aoe farming.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_savage1982 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've done the straight running method and it works fine, I just find it easier to strafe run it because it guarantees distance is kept.

I've also been experimenting with larger mobs and if your timing is absolutely perfect the strafe run method will work on them. Hello seafury aoe farming.
ohhhh nice ill have to try that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruman View Post
Hahaha, that is awesome. Right up there with...that one guy's....boat service before the boats worked.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Banned

Was about to upload my lvl 19 bard with 17 gorge hound corpses but apparently humans dont see too well at night. The screenshots are much darker than my actual vision was.

=(
Closed Thread