Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Default 30 untwined monk

Where to go and what to be seen in?

Hit 30 doing warder/shin Lord/fun guys in guk.

Only using gear she can find/fund herself. Basically wu staff and mesh has been plenty so far.

I'm thinking cheap +hp gear (am I right thinking each 4hp = +1 mend hp?) and entry level haste.

Am I right to boost hp or strictly save for haste?

Also, where are some nice spots that are solo and pug for a non fungi monk 30+? Off the co highway preferably.

Also any fun mid level quests I may be unaware of?
Old 04-04-2018, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Dunno what planet's EC you been to, but SCHW is definitely way cheaper than FBSS (by at least 2x). The real entry level haste though, is the Swiftclaw Sash which you might even be able to just solo (and not just fund).

Sol A is just the best for monks at that range to solo. Can go 23 - 43 and make decent plat there (sneak behind gob merchant to sell, then buy gems to hold money so you dont take weight).

Crescent is nice, but 100% unobtainable solo at 30, and even still questionable in a 30's group in Dalnir.

Jade mace >>> AC for plat-DPS ratio. 800p vs 4kp for like 1 or 2 dps difference.

You could also probably solo most of the sash / headband quests.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:58 PM
Banned

sol a is great for a monk just watch out for casters

you are correct about more hp gear improving mend returns

i would also suggest something like cazic thule gators. not sure on their level anymore but it may be 30s.
Old 04-04-2018, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Didn't know about swiftclaw sash, exactly the fun new content I was hoping for!

I helped a friend farm his full set of crescent; never again!
Old 04-04-2018, 02:56 PM
Sarnak

Jimjam, please let me know if you end up trying out that Swiftclaw Sash! I'm an untwinked 31 Iksar Monk and in a very similar situation gear-wise (ie no haste)-- Wu's staff and a bunch of misc/lowbie gear. Would love to hear how that goes if you try.

I've been trying to save up plat for a haste item but FBSS and SCHW still seem far from reach ATM. This sash could be a nice stopgap if not too tricky + faction willing.

PS - I got some awesome feedback from these guys above + others in terms of level-30 hunting spots. Here's the thread: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=292701
Old 04-04-2018, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Thanx Stevens, I probably have some spare schw you can have if your monk isn't a specifically untwinked project. If you have to pay then I'm happy to take very low ball [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-04-2018, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

Jimjam, that would be much appreciated! This is my first toon on p99 so I'm not "intentionally" trying to have crap/lowbie gear...hah! I'll shoot you a message. Also down to group (Double Dragon-style) sometime
Old 04-05-2018, 11:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been trying to save up plat for a haste item but FBSS and SCHW still seem far from reach ATM.
isn't SCHW about 1.6kpp?
That's about 3-4 hours of guard farming in HighKeep?
On a class that does not need to buy spell, you "should" naturally have about 1~2kpp in bank by level 30, I think... being completely untwinked can lower that amount I guess, and being Monk also, depending how you play... looting all these little rusty weapons, words, cracked staff, etc. really adds up.

However I really feel that Haste will do the biggest difference in solo capacity.

I have the SCHW since level 1 cause I'm a filthy twink, but I know that the buff I see an immediate crazy difference in my xp gains is definitely any form of Haste Buff. I would take Augmentation over any kind of Chloroplast, Heroic Bond or Damage Shield, Haste is just crazy; kill faster, take less damage, less downtime... you know the maths.

tl;dr buy the SCHW, they are not expensive by any means. and you see one for sale in EC pretty much any time of the day and night. afaik always in the 1,400~1,700pp range.
Old 04-05-2018, 12:06 PM
Sarnak

Hi Nagoya, certainly appreciate the insight. This is my first toon and I've literally bought everything from scratch, it's been tough making money at times (ie levels 1-30) due to my limited ability to carry items and vend/bank. I have x2 Skralok bags but they are only for small items.

This is why HHK is very attractive to me and why I'm parked there right now (kill, bank, and vend all in one spot). That said, it definitely takes longer than 3-4 hours of guard killing to amass 1.6kp as an untwinked Monk, I can promise you that! I'm planning to spend the next few levels there and will be saving diligently.

(max 5pp per guard kill = awesome! but I'm not killing 100 guards per hour)
Old 04-05-2018, 12:25 PM
Fire Giant

hehe - my warrior Zulkargassokrak is there as well, say hi if you see him! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm level 38 atm so I can farm them swords faster indeed.

They sell for about 5.2pp, and the guards often drop ~1pp on kill, plus often Runes (1pp) or Words (0.5pp), making the average kill more like 6.5pp than 5pp, it will take between 220 and 260 kills to get 1,600pp I think. Not that it is the best way to farm PP mind you hehe, but it is also (and mostly) great XP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (you would find some of those here: http://wiki.project1999.com/Treasure_Hunting_Guide)

As for Monks looting less, this is something I'm not used to play with... I think I have read numerous times that you shouldn't worry about weight penalty that much? Maybe do some testing and see how much it really impers your fighting to be "heavily" encumbered (like 100WT? how much would your AC really drop? how much impact would it really have?) and/or if someone has done similar testing already they might chime in... but I feel like I would try to loot more aggressively. Sorry if that's a bad advice tho, I have no concrete experience with the Monk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I would at least give it a try though? hehe.

Also, I don't know if that's your kind of things, but always be on the lookout to make some plats helping people... Troll Warriors like me can't bank in High Keep. I go to #13 on the map to sell to the Erudite there, and I recycle my coppers and silver by buying gems and resseling to the same guy for like 90% of the price (aka "ghetto bank") - but in the long run I still:

1) run short of bandages
2) run short of food & drinks
3) run short of arrows
4) amass a lot of PP and GP

I asked in /ooc yesterday if someone was willing to buy 4 stacks of peridot and sell them to me for 810pp+850gp... this kind of service can be a good way to make some side plats as well? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good luck on your journey!

PS: Isn't Shralok Pack GIANT capacity?? (http://wiki.project1999.com/Shralok_Pack)