Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

Hi Nagoya, I'll definitely try to say what's up! (provided I can properly spell your warrior's name, heh!) I'm always down to bank for people and have done it a few times in HHK already-- sorry if I missed you last night, I got into the zone late after a healthy journey from SK.

For weight as a monk, if I'm actually getting hit (and not just pulling), the weight makes a *huge* difference. My displayed AC can drop by nearly 100 at 80 stone vs 17 stone and, even if displayed AC isn't 100% accurate, I can definitely confirm that I'm getting hit a ton harder when I'm overweight. I try to stay at the recommended 17-stone but really notice "the hurt" if I venture into weights of 40-50 stone.

And yes, you are right about the shralok bags - what I should've said is that they are great but only decrease item weight by 25%. What I *want* is a large soiled bag, those have 100% WR but can only hold the tiny items (where my mental mix-up came in).

Try to save some swords for me! And thanks for the input. Didn't mean to highjack your post, Jimjam
Old 04-10-2018, 05:51 AM
Planar Protector

Not a hijack at all, some very useful posting for mid level monks.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:20 AM
Sarnak

Okay sweet. PS - if you are okay with killing guards/ruining faction on your monk, HHK has been great for exp *and* plat as an untwinked ninja.

Basically saved up enough plat from lvls 30-32 to finally buy my first haste item (SCHW). Nagoya also hooked me up with a nice tip after I helped him bank.

In terms of banking w/ ruined your faction in HHK, you can flop your way down to the bank and then FD right in front of the banker pretty reliably (I've done it quite a bit). If you have any evil buddies that can't FD, I've literally pulled the banker upstairs and away from guards (banker is lvl 25 and doesn't hit too hard) so that they can do their business while the banker punches me.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:25 AM
Sarnak

Hanging out in Traks teeth can sometimes get you a rotting hangman’s noose , not a bad lil piece of haste , head/waist slot too
Old 04-12-2018, 01:50 AM
Fire Giant

Hi, as a leveling untwinked monk (wu armor, wu quivering staff and no haste) I remember I soloed and duo/trio in Frontier Mountains a lot. The giants in the fort drop some gems or even forest loop, which can help you get some easy pp while also doing the leveling work.

The xp is not ideal, just sharing my personal experince.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Didn't know about swiftclaw sash, exactly the fun new content I was hoping for!

I helped a friend farm his full set of crescent; never again!
I did the Swiftclaw Sash when my untwinked level 30 Ranger. Took me about 15 hand-ins to get it. I only got it because I'm stubborn. I should have given up a lot sooner. There are only two spawns in Stonebrunt that drop the head. They each take an hour to spawn. Often enough to slow you down, a level 34 named Shadowknight spawns in one's place. Also, the heads weigh a ton, so you're pretty much limited to turning them in 4 at a time.

I'd only recommend it if you don't mind tedium. Plan on bringing lots of food and water, since the cats don't sell any. Then again, you may be luckier than me and get it on the first turn in.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

I've skipped all skills since intimidation (having left kunark, and not really being bothered with sneak training in freeport)...

Is it worth the effort of catching my trained skills up at 30, or shall I just wait for 35 so I can have the full set and never need train again?

So far Tiger Claw + Wu's staff is doing a decent enough job at keeping blues killed.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

I think I stayed in sola from 25-44ish on my barely twinked monk (had some hp rings and a Wu's staff). After you finish with the goblins, hit the gnomes. Theres a little ledge room where like 4 of them spawn and its easy to split