Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 07:00 PM
Fire Giant

Default Define “P99 Specific Custom Content”

Assuming we finish the timeline (according to Nilbog we are looking at more than 1 patch of classic content before they finish), the Devs have stated they are looking to implement some “custom content.”

What will this entail? Will this be GM events + earthquakes, or permanent content additions? Will this be only on blue or the Wild West as well?

Discuss.
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 11-12-2018, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

Luclin

Just kidding. Here are some previous threads

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=283144

https://www.reddit.com/r/project1999..._future_plans/

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=294115

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=261812

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 11-12-2018, 07:44 PM
Planar Protector

Custom epic 2.0 weapons was one of the more feasible ideas Sirken spitballed about on stream, the gist of which was a line of unique quests resulting in a marginally better than BiS weapon for each class. Just another custom content idea at the end of the day. I think that would be pretty sick, especially if they used the real epic 2.0 graphics.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:48 PM
Banned

We're on a 9 year old velious server, this is custom content
Old 11-12-2018, 07:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We're on a 9 year old velious server, this is custom content
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:09 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think anyone knows for sure except the devs (and maybe not even them), but we do know:
  • It's not Luclin
  • It probably will involve new zones (there's been a lot of talk about them)
  • It probably won't use Luclin zones (a dev awhile back said it was easier to just make brand new zones than to adapt existing ones)
  • AA abilities might be a part of it, but if so they won't be XP grind-based; instead they'll be something like an epic quest you can complete to gain a single specific AA ability (I forget who said this, but some dev did at some point)
  • It probably will involve new items, new recipes, new NPCs and quests in existing zones, etc. (the devs have never said this, but all those things are a lot easier to add than entire new zones, so it stands to reason)
  • for more ideas of what it might include check out Sirken's stream (I hear he's been spitballing lots of custom content ideas lately)

Quote:
Will this be GM events + earthquakes, or permanent content additions? Will this be only on blue or the Wild West as well?
Definitely permanent content additions: custom content would come from the dev team after they've finished coding classic EQ (and then presumably have free time on their hands), but the dev team finishing will not free up any more GM time.

I would imagine the content will be applied to Red too, since in the many years this project has been going the devs have (stubbornly?) continued to treat Red as an equal to Blue (at least in many ways, maybe not so much in terms of GM support).

But then again, no one has talked about a "Green Red" ("Recycle Red") server being released, and a big part of the impetus behind custom content being released on Blue is "well now that we have the perfectly classic Green server, what's the point of (not classic) Blue? Custom content!"

So perhaps the devs will keep Red as the "classic PvP" server, or perhaps they'll reset Red and make it the new "Green Red" server (but not leave the old Red behind). In either of those cases Red likely wouldn't get custom content. Again, no one knows for sure.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 11-12-2018 at 08:22 PM..
Old 11-12-2018, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think anyone knows for sure except the devs (and maybe not even them), but we do know:
They don't know either. Indeed, they don't even agree amongst themselves what custom content would or should entail. Some of them think it should mean stuff for everyone, while others have at times posted that they envision it as content for high-end raiders only.

At any rate, threads like this seem akin to putting the cart before the horse. As of this writing there hasn't been a patch in well over a year, with much work left to be done on the existing content. Developer burnout is real, and expecting them to do more than perhaps eventually finish up the existing tasks seems a bit much given present circumstances.

Danth
Old 11-12-2018, 08:23 PM
Sarnak

twitch.tv/kayyte_p99
Old 11-12-2018, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They don't know either. Indeed, they don't even agree amongst themselves what custom content would or should entail. Some of them think it should mean stuff for everyone, while others have at times posted that they envision it as content for high-end raiders only.

At any rate, threads like this seem akin to putting the cart before the horse. As of this writing there hasn't been a patch in well over a year, with much work left to be done on the existing content. Developer burnout is real, and expecting them to do more than perhaps eventually finish up the existing tasks seems a bit much given present circumstances.

Danth
All that is 100% absolutely true ... but let's be honest: dreaming up new parts of our favorite fantasy world is a fun exercise (which is why it keeps coming up over, and over, and over, and ...)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Agree, letting the mind roam can be enjoyable and harms no-one.

Personally I wouldn't mind stuff like a fixed Luclin (keep the good, chuck the large amount of bad) or filling out the holes in the existing map (Veksar is a prime example, tuned for era-appropriate characters).

Danth
Closed Thread