Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 11:07 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Great suggestions here! I ended up getting a few lightstones/greater lightstones and turning them in to Mrysila (sp?) in North Karana. The Greater Lightstones give an item that sells for almost 10pp so that was a pretty good one, I think the bandit sashes are still the best source of xp/plat though. My baby decided she didn't want to sleep so I only made it about 80% into level 16 but should ding tonight. I have a giant militia longsword (11/39) to use as a placeholder until I can snatch up a 2hander or another 1hand weapon.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:49 PM
Banned

Just keep grinding.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As lojik said, sisters in lfay are the only actually lucrative camp at that level, imo. 3pp a pop roughly, vendor a 2 min run away.
Aren't there like three other roughly equivalent camps in the same zone?
Old 01-08-2019, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aren't there like three other roughly equivalent camps in the same zone?
It's been almost 6 years since I did the camp, but I believe there is a bandit camp in the zone. I can't quite remember why but it's not as good, possibly harder mobs, less loot, harder to break, fewer spawns....something along those lines.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

I'm a little late to the party, but the wiki has an entire "guide" (really just a large collection of ideas/suggestions) for places to earn plat. Check out the link for the Treasure Hunting Guide in my signature.

But really the best advice is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just keep grinding.
EverQuest isn't linear when it comes to plat and XP. In other words, it's not like you can earn 1/6th of what you can earn at level 60 when you're level 10: it's actually a lot less than 1/6th (under ideal conditions a level 60 can make 1k+ an hour, but a level 10 can't even make 1/10th of that, ie. 100 plat/hour).

So, on the one hand this is a game, and you should do whatever is the most fun for you, but on the other hand IF you want to be smart/efficient about gaining power as quickly as possible, you should focus on leveling (and only spending the plat you earn while leveling) as much as you possibly can until you hit 60, and only then farm plat.

P.S. There are a very few exceptions to what I just said, for classes with certain key equipment. Charming classes may want to do a little early plat farming to get a Goblin Ghazugi Ring. because it will save them a lot of leveling time. Similarly a 45 shaman might want to farm a few k so they can afford their JBB. But aside from exceptions like that, it's pretty much always faster to level than to farm plat.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-08-2019 at 03:52 PM..
Old 01-08-2019, 03:56 PM
Fire Giant

Well rushing to 60 isnt fun...

Another camp that hasnt been suggested is permafrost entrance. I think thats doable by lvl16. Those goblins can drop HQ ore (small, large, blocks) that sells respectively for 5/15/50p each. Great XP, great cash. Also proximity with druids buffs doing ice giants near by can be a great boost.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

The guide is awesome, much appreciated, Loramin!

Permafrost is a new idea, I think i'll check it out tonight after I ding. I'm certainly in no rush to level, i'm having a great time trying out different trade skills and leveling up my archery... just casually exploring and discovering, it's a great way for my brain the wind down after work as I have high anxiety. I know it's an old game but there is a lot to discover for a fairly new player.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

2 things i did early were slaughter every black bear I saw looking for the HQ bear pelts. They sell for 30p relatively easily. Another thing was farming orcs in South Ro for DF belts to sell in the tunnel. They sell for 5p each and drop like candy... there's something like 7 or 8 different orc camps there and they are almost never taken. Good luck!
Old 01-08-2019, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

You only need about 500p to make a ranger fun. Obviously more is better.
At this point you can track down wisps and sell the light stones. Kill dervs and sell the bronze weapons. Group in unrest (Harmony there is amazing) and level quick while making some cash. Same with Mistmoore in your 30’s. I’d personally do outdoor zones instead of dungeons to help your survival odds.

If intent on gearing before you grind, a solo class can level and make money way faster than even a twinked ranger. Pick your second favorite class and once you have a bit of cash give it to the ranger and pick that back up.

There is no race in this game. Kick your shoes off and enjoy the time-sink.
Last edited by Snaggles; 01-08-2019 at 11:39 PM..
Old 01-09-2019, 11:35 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Can fearkite mammoths in everfrost. They drop 10pp tusks and are good exp.
Closed Thread