Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 08:57 AM
Aviak

Default IP Exemption for my kids

Hey all.
My kids are starting to bug me about wanting to play p99 with me, and I'm sorta for it on my oldest 8yr old.

I checked the forum, and it says that I need to create a login, and then a character before I apply for an ip exemption.

My kids, being under 13, don't have email addresses, so what would be the proper way to get this set up before I apply?

Oh, and if I understand correctly, I do the application by way of petition on the forum, right?

Thanks for answers in advance.
Old 02-09-2019, 09:29 AM
Planar Protector

You can create a new email address for her account. She doesnt need access to it

Petition forum is the correct place. They can take awhile to go through though
Old 02-09-2019, 10:07 AM
Aviak

I was able to create a new account under my user, I hope that's ok
Old 02-19-2019, 04:43 AM
Fire Giant

ehhhh why not use hotspot for the second machine/account.... smh...
Old 02-19-2019, 08:08 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ehhhh why not use hotspot for the second machine/account.... smh...
Yeah man, you should definitely blatantly try to circumvent the server rules by using a Hot Spot to log in a second account.

Every time someone posts this, I'm surprised a GM doesn't just watch that Character for a bit to hit them with a ban for dual boxing. You're basically telling the GM's that you dual box when you suggest someone do this.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah man, you should definitely blatantly try to circumvent the server rules by using a Hot Spot to log in a second account.

Every time someone posts this, I'm surprised a GM doesn't just watch that Character for a bit to hit them with a ban for dual boxing. You're basically telling the GM's that you dual box when you suggest someone do this.
You're confused: it's not against the rules to use a Hot Spot, or VPN, your local coffee shop's wi-fi, or any other technical solution ... IF you have another human being behind the computer. It's only against the rules if you "two-box" (ie. one person plays two accounts).

As long as the OP doesn't look like they're two-boxing, or as long as they and their kids can perform a basic "boxing test" when someone petitions them and the GM investigates, OP will not get in any trouble. But if a GM shows up and asks OP and one of his "kids" to both spin in circles, and then switch direction suddenly (or whatever GMs do for boxing tests) and he can't ... he can wave goodbye to all of his accounts.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread