Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

^^^^ lol

FWIW I've been in lots of PUGs where everyone agreed to give someone an upgrade item, just depends on who you're with.

This whole idea of people in the stupid ass crypt camp joking about JBB/torpor being an upgrade they should get it vs. something pretty cheap like froglok robe or some loam drops that ends up going to a douche rogue its definitely EQ robot asperger's syndrome mentality at its finest, I'm pretty sure nobody thinks they are entitled to a 50k+ item vs something 3k tops.

When a sperglord is introduced with the possibility that maybe, maaaaybe there is an exception or bend to the "rules" when we're talking about a 3k or less item on an expansion that we've been stuck on for 3 years - -

DOES----NOT-----COMPUTE
Old 01-19-2014, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^^^^ lol

FWIW I've been in lots of PUGs where everyone agreed to give someone an upgrade item, just depends on who you're with.

This whole idea of people in the stupid ass crypt camp joking about JBB/torpor being an upgrade they should get it vs. something pretty cheap like froglok robe or some loam drops that ends up going to a douche rogue its definitely EQ robot asperger's syndrome mentality at its finest, I'm pretty sure nobody thinks they are entitled to a 50k+ item vs something 3k tops.

When a sperglord is introduced with the possibility that maybe, maaaaybe there is an exception or bend to the "rules" when we're talking about a 3k or less item on an expansion that we've been stuck on for 3 years - -

DOES----NOT-----COMPUTE
wat
Old 01-20-2014, 07:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^^^^ lol

DOES----NOT-----COMPUTE
The whole thing is, the group hadn't agreed to NBG. If I had won the roll (Sadre rolled before he asked for it, btw) and he had asked ME for it, I probably would have given it to him (as would have probably one or two other group members). Hell, if he had asked before we rolled, someone probably would have said, "I don't need, you can have if it's an upgrade" which usually cascades through the group until there are no objections to the needing player getting it and people feel obligated to not be the guy who wanted to /ran and sell a clear upgrade item. However, Sadre did not do that, did not win the roll, and the guy who DID win the roll was not under any obligation to give it to him, whatsoever. That guy has a right to the loot awarded to him under the group's predetermined loot rules if he so chooses.

I've been in NBG situations where groups have let me loot items that were upgrades, and I've also been in NBG situations where a 50k item was obtained by someone who needed it rather than the group rolling for it. Could I have used 50k? Fuck yes. Do I regret not having a 1 in 6 chance to have 50k? Not at all. You know what the difference is? The group stated we were doing NBG when we started and we were all cool with that. I got experience and had a good time.

Ask loot rules first, don't have a temper tantrum when you fail to get your way, don't steal from a group member after you lose the roll, and don't make a forum post showing the world what a spoiled brat you are. Btw, I have the group member's name who won the roll on the item you stole, Sadre. You can PM me and I'll tell you who it is if you feel like making amends for stealing. Hell, if you can't afford a 3k robe at level 55, that monk might even tell you to keep it since you need money so badly.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:49 AM
Banned

Those arguing in favor of NBG are retarded, way too many times people have been seen selling items they got because of NBG then going back to the same dungeons collecting them again because they convinced their group of NBG.

Everyone can profit from platinum and buy upgrades for themselves. The reason no one NBG's unless they are really nice is because it just flat doesn't make sense to.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:03 PM
Orc

Quote:

DOES----NOT-----COMPUTE

The rogue D I D N O T W I N T H E R O B E, ffs l2r.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

Need before greed is ironically enough given it's name, the most greedy policy there is
Old 01-20-2014, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

this thread has taught me something. nbg is stupid, because everyone assumes everyone else is out to rip them off.

Nice bunch of players. Still very glad I gated out. I don't like people like that. And say what you want to about me. I don't deal with people who have that kind of attitude. It's toxic, imho. Or at least it is toxic to me, it bums me out.

But maybe you guys like it. Bon voyage then, by all means!

But this is not how the game always was, nor is it how it has to be. It is the consensus of some very cynical people, in my view.

Enjoy, Heathers.