Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-13-2014, 09:54 AM
Kobold

Default 1600 x 900 Resolution Issue

I am running on a 1600 X 900 resolution monitor. This happens in both full screen and windowed mode. I am trying to use windowed mode since I have two monitors.

My issue is that some of the text is chopped by a horizontal bar running through it. This occurs in a few places down the length of the screen.

Wondering if anyone else is seeing this issue. Is there a suggested resolution to run at?
Old 05-13-2014, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

ye same happens when i try that shit. i had to switch to a lower reso.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:51 AM
Fire Giant

hit alt enter then hit alt enter again.

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 05-13-2014, 11:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hit alt enter then hit alt enter again.
I tried that but with dual monitors it just goes black when in full screen mode. Then I can not get it back to windowed without closing and manually changing the ini file to Windowed=TRUE.
Last edited by Beldon; 05-13-2014 at 11:00 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-13-2014, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

Have the same error at a higher reso and no fix
Old 05-13-2014, 02:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beldon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried that but with dual monitors it just goes black when in full screen mode. Then I can not get it back to windowed without closing and manually changing the ini file to Windowed=TRUE.
Shouldn't be an issue. I have two monitors too. Just give it a second when the screen's black and alt enter again. It should fix it.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:36 PM
Sarnak

Some have the black-screen issues on switching between FS and windowed mode, and some doesn't. It's kinda odd.

Is 1600x900 the native res. of your monitor ?
The biggest draw-down of flatscreens is that especially TFT looks absolutely awfull on especially small text if you don't run at the native resolution (the actual physical resolution of the tft panel used).

This can give really strange screen anomalies in some games because if your not running at the physical res of the monitor, because the screen is interpolating the res you are running at down or up to the actual physical res.

You can try out different resolutions. some may look awfull and some may look better, but the best and best readable will be the native res.

Also, especially the Titanium client that P99 uses has really many strange video anomalies that was later fixed with newer clients, incl. DX device error once in a while when switching between resolutions and windowed/full screen mode. And the handling of switching to full screen also gives some people (like me) the error of having to HAVE to switch to the correct res withing game after going fullscreen to hide the windows menu wich still overlaps the game after using ALT-Enter to go full screen.

It would have benefitted a lot in less bugs if they would have used a newer client.
Unpatched Titanium client is very buggy
Old 05-26-2014, 10:50 PM
Fire Giant

I have/had the same issue, and using WinEQ2 has helped with the black screen issue.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beldon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where is the ini file that I have to change? I just accidentally went fullscreen mode and I can not play at all, screen is always black and no way to change it back.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:00 AM
Planar Protector

Okay nevermind, I found it in the eqclient.ini