Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 04:29 PM
Banned

Default Question about a "server timeline" concept mentioned in last nights stream

In last nights stream Sirk said that maybe (this is all just guessing im sure) after vellious is complete that they will open a proper timeline server or something, who knows!

My question about a proper timeline server (and this could be as simple as answering, "yes") would be , does that mean that the server would (per Luclins release in the timeline) reset?

I mean the way I see it right now, wouldn't it make no sense to release classic/kunark/velious and all the patches along the proper time line, and then just idle at completion for eternity? Wouldn't that be the same as the current server in the end?

So maybe the answer to that question is, yes its a rotating server concept that resets.

I am just asking since it is often mentioned or talked about or requested. So I guess this question is for the people wanting of such a server.

Thank you!
Old 09-30-2014, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure he meant they would open a new server that would follow classic timeline exactly and they would let p99 be what it is.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure he meant they would open a new server that would follow classic timeline exactly and they would let p99 be what it is.
yea that's where my question begins... does this hypothetical server reset at the event of luclins release on the timeline?

If not, wouldn't after 4 years that server be the same as this server?
Old 09-30-2014, 04:34 PM
Sarnak

Increasing the number of servers by 50% would just increase the amount of bugs/tickets right? Would they be planning on recruiting more guides in response to a new server opening?

It would be interesting to see what would happen to the B99 server population if a new server opened up...

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Last edited by toolshed; 09-30-2014 at 04:36 PM..
Old 09-30-2014, 04:39 PM
Banned

Yea I am not advocating a new server, or even feel like one is necessary. I am just asking about this particular server concept, seems flawed without resets to me. So I'd like to hear from the people that are looking for "a proper timeline server"
Old 09-30-2014, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

I think most GMs would either go insane or quit dealing with the return of so many tryhard raiders that would eat up a server like that.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In last nights stream Sirk said that maybe (this is all just guessing im sure) after vellious is complete that they will open a proper timeline server or something, who knows!

My question about a proper timeline server (and this could be as simple as answering, "yes") would be , does that mean that the server would (per Luclins release in the timeline) reset?

I mean the way I see it right now, wouldn't it make no sense to release classic/kunark/velious and all the patches along the proper time line, and then just idle at completion for eternity? Wouldn't that be the same as the current server in the end?

So maybe the answer to that question is, yes its a rotating server concept that resets.

I am just asking since it is often mentioned or talked about or requested. So I guess this question is for the people wanting of such a server.

Thank you!
New server, make it Teams99. Correct progression timeline. Server stays at Velious indefinitely - until The Sleeper is awakened, destroys the world and the server wipes and reboots.

Would play.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New server, make it Teams99. Correct progression timeline. Server stays at Velious indefinitely - until The Sleeper is awakened, destroys the world and the server wipes and reboots.

Would play.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-30-2014, 07:10 PM
Banned

What is the point of speculating?
I don’t think our opinion matters, anyhow.
People will always want something else.
Especially if they’re new to the server.

In cases like this we just have to be patient.
There’s no reason to add to the gms burdens.

Certainly this would add some excitement.
Luckily we already have a good server.
Even if it is a bit saturated.
As for the new people,
No one should complain, because we have…

2 great servers already standing,
0 dollar cost to play on them,
1 awesome expansion pending release, and
4 excellent developers working on it.
Old 09-30-2014, 07:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one should complain, because we have…

4 excellent developers working on it.
2 great servers already standing,
1 awesome expansion pending release,
0 dollar cost to play on them,
...and a partridge in a pear tree?
Last edited by Glasken; 09-30-2014 at 07:53 PM.. Reason: fix'd
Closed Thread