Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2020, 10:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same side dish done months later but with a big ole honkin NY Strip on desperately needed upgraded plates and a bottle of Caymus cabernet:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

pre-grill:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you put anything but salt and pepper on a steak you're a heathen.
Gimme

This shit is basically restaurant ready for presentation, all your veggies are clearly fresh prepped, the chicken looks like a panko layer then a pistachio layer and not just a mix into one layer, steak has some grill marks. I assume it all tastes delicious as well. Seriously... bang up job.

You tried doing steak on a flat top or flat skillet with a little bit of oil? I love that browned maillard flavor all over the outside of my steak. Salt an hour before cooking to allow it to osmosis up in there and get all flavored and slightly tender. Sorry if this sounds like unsolicited advice... I really like steak.

I'm gonna come to your house and steal you food. Don't be alarmed.
Old 11-23-2020, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

Was expecting house pictures, then remembered on P99 Mom's basement is home for many so food pics is not all that suprising.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 11-24-2020, 02:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like blue cheese on my steak. Something about the blue cheese really enhances the flavor of the meat.
blue cheese is awesome

not sure why most people dislike but it's mostly the smell that drives them away
Old 11-24-2020, 09:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gimme

This shit is basically restaurant ready for presentation, all your veggies are clearly fresh prepped, the chicken looks like a panko layer then a pistachio layer and not just a mix into one layer, steak has some grill marks. I assume it all tastes delicious as well. Seriously... bang up job.

You tried doing steak on a flat top or flat skillet with a little bit of oil? I love that browned maillard flavor all over the outside of my steak. Salt an hour before cooking to allow it to osmosis up in there and get all flavored and slightly tender. Sorry if this sounds like unsolicited advice... I really like steak.

I'm gonna come to your house and steal you food. Don't be alarmed.
I'm doing 20 lbs of smoked baby-backs, 12 ish lbs of grilled chicken, scalloped potatoes, and pasta salad tomorrow for the employees as a little 4 day weekend thanksgiving send off. Will take some pictures.

And yeah, good eating takes time. Never done a steak on anything but a grill but my buddy raves about his reverse searing method. I usually get ultra thick cuts from the butcher so I really need a closed grill to get it even remotely cooked through before the outside goes belly up. Those NY strips were basically still mooing in the center and I didn't want the outsides to get much more done....they rested a good long while too after they came off.
Last edited by kjs86z; 11-24-2020 at 09:32 AM..
Old 11-24-2020, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Disgusting. A cut like a NY strip is not going to taste good "mooing in the middle" or with no seasonings other than salt and pepper. In order for steak to cook properly the fat has to be rendered throughout; the taste of raw fat is abominable and fat is present in the muscle belly of the cow's longissimus dorsi (strip steak). I'm not sure if you're buying such thick cuts because you're poor or what but look into a tri-tip instead, it's a more flavorful cut-- its lower fat content responds better to botched cooking jobs.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never done a steak on anything but a grill
I also prefer a charcoal grill, but a pan-seared, butter-basted ribeye certainly gives the grill a run for it's money.

A few of my friends rave about sous-vide but I've never tried it.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Disgusting. A cut like a NY strip is not going to taste good "mooing in the middle" or with no seasonings other than salt and pepper. In order for steak to cook properly the fat has to be rendered throughout; the taste of raw fat is abominable and fat is present in the muscle belly of the cow's longissimus dorsi (strip steak). I'm not sure if you're buying such thick cuts because you're poor or what but look into a tri-tip instead, it's a more flavorful cut-- its lower fat content responds better to botched cooking jobs.
man that is some grumpyneesss

the stake looks pretty well cooked, I think Kj knows what they doin, u don't have to eat all the fatty bits. It's not a terribly marbled steak either, just got some wrapped on the outside.

Can't we have nice things? this thread is about nice things. I should have taken a picture of my soup last night, it was pretty spectacular, but I didn't make it so I didn't take a picture.
Old 11-24-2020, 11:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lmao affected

your life must be so wonderful
Last edited by kjs86z; 11-24-2020 at 11:47 AM..
Old 11-24-2020, 12:13 PM
Banned

Charcoal Grill is best grill.

Ribeye is best.

Salt, Pepper and a pat of butter on the steak as it rests.

Baked Potato

Good night Irene
Old 11-24-2020, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

tonight we are doing veggie burgers i should take a picture

---thanksgiving is super soon too my dudes----
Closed Thread