Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2019, 09:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember the SoD guys had a cool thing where the longer you spent in a zone, the less xp you'd get per kill (though it never dropped unreasonably low), and the longer you spent outside of that zone, the more you'd get when you went back (up to like a 200% bonus or something). And it seemed to work.
That's a great idea. Players like to try new places, but they also like to feel like they are accomplishing something in game. This way, you can accomplish both at the same time.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:25 PM
Banned

Yeah it makes sense when you consider the meaning of the word "experience" too. If you keep doing the same thing in the same place, you'd eventually stop learning anything new. If you then dive into some totally new place you're not familiar with, you'd learn things very quickly by necessity.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember the SoD guys had a cool thing where the longer you spent in a zone, the less xp you'd get per kill (though it never dropped unreasonably low), and the longer you spent outside of that zone, the more you'd get when you went back (up to like a 200% bonus or something). And it seemed to work.
DAOC did something like that. The longer you killed the same mobs over and over the less exp they were worth.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:56 PM
Aviak

I'd rather see a third server than merge them together. Still crowded. 2400 people on.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:45 AM
Kobold

Teal is damn near perfect now, chill.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:51 AM
Sarnak

Def no to merging lol, probably not until Kunark.
Old 11-24-2019, 01:50 AM
Banned

high pass hold and runneye citadel are ghost towns

why?
Old 11-24-2019, 02:03 AM
Sarnak

Runnyeye Citadel is a death trap lmao.
Old 11-24-2019, 02:14 AM
Sarnak

These servers are a bit like a Frankenstein creation. Permafrost, runnyeye, cazic thule(outside of rubicite farmers) are ghost towns. Everyone congregates into a few zones that give out tons of easy plat and exp. In addition, post 35, people really don't group very much. You're going to have to do a lot of soloing on these servers after you finish the hhk goblins. A majority of the high level population that I run into are enchanters, mages, shamans, necromancers, clerics, and druids with random classes every now and then thrown in for spice. I also think the lack of mage pets 39+ is a huge issue but that's a seperate topic.

Anyways, if you're a class that can solo it's honestly fine. The game is pretty good for soloing atm. Is this classic in any way? Not even close.

edit: I also want to add that I think balance changes need to be made in order to recreate the classic experience. I'm going to list off some things that I believe player knowledge has pretty much ruined the spirit of entirely. For one class penalties need to go so that we can see some more diversity. Secondly, they need to buff zem of zones like ct/runnyeye and stop green mobs healing through walls or fights they aren't part of. In fact non named caster mobs need to just have their mana pools significantly nerfed to where they only heal a couple times a fight(splitpaw for example). Manstone - delete it from the game entirely, compensate players that already got one already. It's honestly not classic for everyone to have a manastone and to sit 40 hours at a camp to get it. Lastly, just nerf enchanter charm in some way. Maybe make their pets do less damage or take more damage. After that, merge the two servers back together... there would be more reason to go to other zones so population wouldnt bottleneck as hard.
Zekdos - Troll SK
Last edited by Roth; 11-24-2019 at 02:24 AM..
Old 11-24-2019, 02:17 AM
Planar Protector

stop petitioning stupid bs and maybe theyll merge

conversely if you dont want them to merge, petitionquest everyone
Closed Thread