Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2019, 10:23 PM
Fire Giant

Default Preparing to move into LawyerQuest

I quit blue before all of these raid rules were written. I was hoping some experienced raiders on blue could help me.

First is it safe to assume that these rules: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=189856 apply on Green/Teal as well as Blue?

What is the purpose of a "starting line" as referenced in Q28?
Q27 talks about being in a raid zone during a simulated repop. I am guessing there is a problem with waiting for a raid mob to spawn past this point.
I am guessing if someone is past the "starting line" and a raid mob pops they are not able to participate with that toon is that correct?

I am curious what the reasoning behind this was if this is indeed the case.

Anything else I should know as I prepare for LawyerQuest?
Old 12-26-2019, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

Starting lines are to prevent simply sitting on a raid mob's spawn point and spamming a macro/autofire to be the first to engage. See this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYQdmLgc71Q

Instead you have to "race" for it. Starting at a zone line or close to one and running or in some instances being CotH'ed to a target spawn. When you are the first to tag a raid mob a yellow zone wide message will say "The Statue of Rallos Zek Engages Asher" and everyone knows you tagged first.

So what guild are you in that you think this will matter? Because Seal Team and Kingdom have plenty of people who could help you much better in discord than you will likely get on the forums.
Old 12-26-2019, 11:05 PM
Planar Protector

anyone this matters to already knows
Old 12-27-2019, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
anyone this matters to already knows
I'm sure none of the extra 800 prime time users between two servers that weren't around prior to greens launch matter. Its not like EQ raiding was ever about warm bodies with a pulse being at the keyboard.
Old 12-28-2019, 02:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what guild are you in that you think this will matter? Because Seal Team and Kingdom have plenty of people who could help you much better in discord than you will likely get on the forums.
I am in one of those guilds. I had asked a few questions but didn't really get any good answers until I pressed the issue today.

I really dont see what the big deal is between "racing" and being the lucky one to get the FTE in those situations. If your guild happens to have 30+ people willing to sit at a mob for 16 hours they obviously want that loot way more than I do. I don't think making them run for an extra minute or two is going to change that.
Old 12-28-2019, 02:58 AM
Planar Protector

I really don't see what "racing" has to offer either. All it does is arbitrarily buoy certain classes in their raid usefulness.
Closed Thread